The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Grand Caravan SE

I have been driving my 2016 Grand Caravan since last October. In my short 2 month ownership DRL was always the amber turn signal. Today DRL was the high beam. Owner's manual says 50% headlight (doesn't mention if high or low beam). I haven't changed car configuration software-wise. I installed LED amber bulbs and LED H11 in high beams last month. This is my light control. Thank you.
Automotive design Grey Car Personal luxury car Vehicle

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,517 Posts
You must've just had blown high beam bulbs before. DRL is high beams and front corner markers (the other filament in the turn signal).

It's also possible that the new LED turn signal bulbs are installed wrong (flip connector to fix), or of the wrong type. You need the type where both grounds are on the same side of the connector, not the type where they are on opposite corners. If you have it on right you will still get hyperflash issues, but you have to add resistors to stop that.

Reactions: Rottie Taxi

·
Super Moderator
28,481 Posts
DRL is the high beam, but when you use the turn signal the high beam goes off. (The Canadian DRL reg says that if the headlight and turn signal bulbs are close together, the headlight bulb has to shut off while the turn signal is used.)
That's only when the headlight switch is off.

Yes DRL is high beam, half lit. :)

Reactions: Rupert2

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you, all. Now I remember I replaced a high beam bulb (1 of the 2) 2-3 days ago. Apparently the previous bulb was out.

EDIT: Today no running light at all. I guess my DRL is messed up. Parking lights, high beam lights, and low beam lights were checked out all right in the driveway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts