The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the answer is an obvious YES, but I've been thinking about this since I bought the van. On my 2010, it was only a couple months old when I took it to the exhaust shop and had the resonator chopped off and replaced with straight pipe and a Magnaflow stainless tip. I have no idea what the resonator did other than take up space.

On this van, I'm thinking about have the exhaust chopped off right after the axle and a "Y" pipe added. Then run a pipe out the side like stock and a second one on the driver's side to create dual exhaust out the rear. Yeah I know "dual exhaust on a minivan, WTF" but I really like the balanced look of duals out the rear even if it's only "fake" dual exhaust.

I've looked under the van and there is plenty of room behind the axle. Can anyone think of any reason why this wouldn't work?

Here's the tip I did on my 2010. I would do stainless tips again but maybe a slightly different opening.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have seen this post rear axle Y pipe treatment done on some cars and many full size pickups.
I don't see why it wouldn’t work for your van?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen this post rear axle Y pipe treatment done on some cars and many full size pickups.
I don't see why it wouldn’t work for your van?
That's what I figured but I wanted to be sure there wasn't anything I had to be concerned with running a second pipe near.

·
Registered
164 Posts
lol....ok i can post it now i am seriouslly thinking of the same thing... the r/t prototye had it looked awsome

Well the answer is an obvious YES, but I've been thinking about this since I bought the van. On my 2010, it was only a couple months old when I took it to the exhaust shop and had the resonator chopped off and replaced with straight pipe and a Magnaflow stainless tip. I have no idea what the resonator did other than take up space.

On this van, I'm thinking about have the exhaust chopped off right after the axle and a "Y" pipe added. Then run a pipe out the side like stock and a second one on the driver's side to create dual exhaust out the rear. Yeah I know "dual exhaust on a minivan, WTF" but I really like the balanced look of duals out the rear even if it's only "fake" dual exhaust.

I've looked under the van and there is plenty of room behind the axle. Can anyone think of any reason why this wouldn't work?

Here's the tip I did on my 2010. I would do stainless tips again but maybe a slightly different opening.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
lol....ok i can post it now i am seriouslly thinking of the same thing... the r/t prototye had it looked awsome
Oh wow, I've never seen that before! Do you have any other read end pictures?

EDIT- Nevermind- I found more online. Thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
i am pretty much convinced to do it... let me know what you plan! a couple wide mouth or oval tips would be sweet.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that I've found a bunch of pictures online, I MUST do this!!! :bigok:

Reactions: Active8

·
Registered
164 Posts
i didnt realize this fan made it to the street i thought it was only a show machine and there it is a best buy...lol yeah looks very sweet. i wonder if that bumber notch could be easily done...hmmm

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It also looks like the right side tip isn't holding up too well. That would drive me nuts! lol

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Its got Manufacturer plates on it.
And it’s parked at the Best Buy that is 2 miles away from where I work.

I'm sure of this because you can make out the adjacent Costco building in the background.
Chrysler HQ is just 3 exits down the highway from these stores.
We see all kinds of goofy vehicles with manufacturer’s plates running around metro Detroit. The latest is Challengers with the both the front and rear of the cars covered with fabric. Must be a refresh coming on them.:ask_wsign

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I'm sure of this because you can make out the adjacent Costco building in the background.
We see all kinds of goofy vehicles with manufacturer’s plates running around metro Detroit. The latest is Challengers with the both the front and rear of the cars covered with fabric. Must be a refresh coming on them.:ask_wsign
You need to snap some pics of the rear exhaust if you see it! :ninja:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Any chance a Chrysler employee could get a picture or a drawing of how they did this. Is it possible the van actually has dual exhaust all the way to the engine. Probably worth another 22 HP if it does, up to 305! How about Mopar making a kit to retrofit?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any chance a Chrysler employee could get a picture or a drawing of how they did this. Is it possible the van actually has dual exhaust all the way to the engine. Probably worth another 22 HP if it does, up to 305! How about Mopar making a kit to retrofit?
I would be it's a Y pipe setup simply because the way the stock exhaust routes now (because of the floor storage) it would be hard to run true duals.

It's not a nice clean run like my Vic!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I have a cat back (custom made) on my 00 sport with duel hemi tips on one side would have done both sides but the hitch was in the way.

Lhs or caddy duel oval tips would be nice as well.

·
Super Moderator
6,493 Posts

Yep. They should be revealing it either in Detroit, or this summer.

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
I have a cat back (custom made) on my 00 sport with duel hemi tips on one side would have done both sides but the hitch was in the way.

Lhs or caddy duel oval tips would be nice as well.
Holy crap, that's your 2000 Sport?

Looks awesome!

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Spong, you are not crazy, you just want this minivan to look different from the rest!

Hey your idea just might work, and all this might look totally badass in the end!

Heck even people have done dual exhausts to their 4th gens:http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php/9670-Easy-3.3L-Exhaust-Upgrade/page2.

Where'd you get the tip for your 2010? Looks really nice and I think a Chrome tip will go nicely on your 2013. I'm about to order a Chrome tip for my van from Carid and get it welded on for $0, you have no idea how many people are after the exhaust tips, heck my uncles Matrix Chrome tip always has finger prints on it because people try to steal it, but they can't cause he welded it on at work.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I wonder how recent that picture of the 10 rt is....now would that end up in someone's possession, or go to the crusher?....also looks like a large oil spot on the passenger slider....interested in what the interior looks like....

1 - 20 of 95 Posts