The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Vendor
1,469 Posts
As of right now, E10 is priced at about $2.20 per gallon. E-85 would need to be priced at $1.90 for the cost per mile driven to be the same. Right now, E-85 is priced at $1.70, so it is saving me a little bit of money per mile driven.

The real bang for the buck is the blender pump, where I can by multiple blends: E20, E30, E40, and E85. The E20 is priced at $2.00 per gallon and gives me the same mileage as E10. I do not have near enough data to quote cost per mile on the blender pump blends, but if you are curious, I have a nice pivot chart on my Silverado burning E85, E10, Premium, and Regular without Ethanol. I break down cost per mile.

The van switches between fuels so much I don't track it, but since I drive the Silverado full time and drive by an E85 pump on my way to and from work every day, I track it closely.

·
youtube.com/sideburns2009
2,926 Posts
They don't sell it here or at least I've never seen it anywhere. Not even up in Memphis.

·
Vendor
180 Posts
You won't keep the mileage, but you'll keep the power.

Your engine and fuel system will stay very clean. The mileage will drop a couple MPG. 23 seems high for city mileage. Is that what the computer says?

$0.60 is a very good price spread. The break even on my truck and van is a $0.30 spread.
Nope, I never trust those computers for actually figuring the mileage properly. Always use the miles driven/gallons in (fill every time) method.

On my second tank of E-85 and so far there is a drop in the mileage. Haven't figured it out totally yet as I'd like to have three full tanks of use for the test.

Currently at 1200 mi. May take a while to finish the test since I have the DGC in storage right now. Too nice weather wise around here to not be driving the convertible, which gets 24-25 mpg in the city.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts