The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tim did you ever replace the MC? I might go the HD route in the fronts and not worry about the rears.
I haven't swapped the master. I haven't had time. But the full hd swap has TOTALLY solved the issue. No warping, shutting or fade. Simply gone. I just checked the pads and lot's of life left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a 2012 16" wheels has the well described front end vibration. We got the rotors turned and like several other posters described it went away for about two weeks and came back. Fed up with it I went out a bought and installed new rotors and pads for the front but this didn't fix my issue. The vibration while improved somewhat is still there. I don't "think" i feel it though the steering wheel anymore however. Any chance it's the rear rotors that are bad as well? Any other thoughts on what the cause may be?

·
Super Moderator
6,493 Posts
We have a 2012 16" wheels has the well described front end vibration. We got the rotors turned and like several other posters described it went away for about two weeks and came back. Fed up with it I went out a bought and installed new rotors and pads for the front but this didn't fix my issue. The vibration while improved somewhat is still there. I don't "think" i feel it though the steering wheel anymore however. Any chance it's the rear rotors that are bad as well? Any other thoughts on what the cause may be?
When we had our rotors replaced under warranty, all 4 were warped, so it's possible that your rear rotors are warped as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
No vibration on our 2011 with 50k on the pads and rotors, but if makes our braking distance shorter I will pony up and swap these out with the HD sized version. We did have a caliper stick on the rear drivers size which almost overheated the rim/hub. Warranty work, but I think they only replaced the rotor and pad at the time. My goal would be to just do the fronts since the cost may not outweigh added stopping power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So will this upgrade work on fifth gen I have a 09? I must admit that I never know how long these frt brakes will last. I think the weather is more predictable.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I seem to be somewhat of an exception to the rule, but my 09 Touring with 16 inch wheels got over 60,000 on the rear pads before replacement (pads only, no rotors) and still had the original front pads with plenty of material left on it when I traded it with 87,000 miles. I was concerned at first, when I read some of the stories of short brake life on the Gen 5 vans, but have pretty good results with several vehicle's brakes (over 100,000 on a 96 Explorer and over 120,000 on a 93 Eagle Vision). I didn't have any complaint at all with the 09 brakes longevity and thought the braking performance was good. I will say that my 2014 S is substantially better though. Looks like the 09, but a totally different animal all the way around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a somewhat belated update to my original post. After investigating cry rotors and high end after market brake parts I simply replaced my front rotors and pads with the upper level autozone parts. It reduced my issue but the vibration was still there. A week later I did the rears and now it's as smooth as butter. Been driving it for 8 months with no return of vibration.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts