The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Chrysler Town and Coutry. The warning light came on for the electronic throttle control, and my van is in limp mode. I can only go about 20 MPH. What's the first thing to check? I'll try taking the throttle off and clean it. Also, is there a procedure to reprogram the throttle?
Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,272 Posts
Check codes. Usually the code given will point to either the pedal or the throttle body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only codes I have is bad EGR and Cylinder 1 misfire. I forget the numbers, but they were present a couple days before this happened. I just haven't had a chance to repair those items yet.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,272 Posts
Don't think either of those should set limp mode. But do address the misfire first, that could cause you to lack power and could damage other stuff.

Reactions: Mtfix20

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was a small stick in the throttle that was causing the problem. Pulled it out and gave the throttle body a good cleaning and that solved the problem. It probably fell down and landed on the air filter while it was checked by the shop. Be careful when checking your air filter! It never threw a code though.

The misfire code was caused by a loose plug wire and was unrelated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts