The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2007 T&C Touring 230k mi
163 Posts
^You should tell all that to the family of someone whose mangled body is over their steering wheel, that their life wasn’t worth it because they caused minor inconveniences and that they “had it coming”. Disgusting.

·
3rd Gen Plebeian
1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Rallye
1,247 Posts
^You should tell all that to the family of someone whose mangled body is over their steering wheel, that their life wasn’t worth it because they caused minor inconveniences and that they “had it coming”. Disgusting.
Family of a random stranger who killed themself? It would be weird if I cared. There's 7 billion people on this planet.

The entire point is that it's not a minor inconvenience. It is a huge inconvenience, absurdly so, literally years stolen every time someone causes traffic. It's pretty callous to call that a minor inconvenience. The world doesn't revolve around any of us. I care about other people, that's why I don't inconvenience them, and that's why I don't text and drive knowing that I could cost society more hours than I'm worth just by causing a simple traffic accident. You're supposed to have a positive impact on the world, and causing traffic is simply the easiest way to be a net detriment to society, for the world to be better off without you.

Its really the only attitude that makes sense with how crazy and wild the news and politics has become. Divide the number of seconds in an 80 year life expectancy by people in the US, and you get that every random stranger in the US is worth 7 seconds of your life. For the world it's only 0.36 seconds. 7 seconds is enough that it's worth it to open the door for every stranger you meet, to move out of the way for every car traveling faster down the left lane than you. 7 seconds is not enough time to cry or bicker every time someone in a city or state I've never been to gets killed. 7 seconds is not enough time to sit in traffic for an hour because someone was too inconsiderate to pay attention while driving.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts