The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used an oil extractor on a 2010 Dodge Caravan? I want to buy one but don't know if I can put the hose into the dipstick to suck the oil out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I use a six liter marine oil extractor but should of bought a larger one. Oil gets too close to hand pump so I have to stop the extract at one point and empty out some oil into another container. Other than that the extractor tube slides easily down the dipstick tube and into the oil res. Love the top mounted Oil filter. CHanged my oil in January when it was just 40F outside with a snowy driveway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use a six liter marine oil extractor but should of bought a larger one. Oil gets too close to hand pump so I have to stop the extract at one point and empty out some oil into another container. Other than that the extractor tube slides easily down the dipstick tube and into the oil res. Love the top mounted Oil filter. CHanged my oil in January when it was just 40F outside with a snowy driveway.
Threader, What size tube are you using. I have a West Marine oil extractor that works great on 454s, but the smallest tube can't get past the end of the dipstick tube on the 3.8 in the van. The smallest tube has a inner diameter of 7/16" (5.8mm), I don't have specs on the outer diameter.
TIA

·
Latent car nut
8,889 Posts
I have used a Pela 650 on dozens of engines, the two extraction tubes, one large, one small, have always worked regardless of the size of the dipstick tube.

·
Super Moderator
23,297 Posts
thanks, Those may have a smaller OD than the marine one i have.

Might be able to slide a smaller tube inside the larger tube, seal it with sealant, Shoe Goo or aluminum tape. Done that before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts