The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Almost done with the look I was going for. Installed Weather Tech deflectors. Still have to tint the front windows same as the rest and install the hood deflector tomorrow. Also decided on a thin double black pinstripe down both sides just below the body line crease. I like these Dodge plate frames too. It’s gonna look nice! I’d have to say that the toughest job were the flaps. Had to drill all four at the rear tab, and the fronts I had to drill through the fender in one spot. The screws that go in that hole have some sort of sealer on them. Also you don’t see it, but the front plate, I put a universal plate bracket on to make it look factory, but the plate screws bottomed against the bumper, so I drilled those in the bumper so they would go all the way in. Nobody would know but me and my undertaker.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,272 Posts
Looks like a good fit. If I didn't know what the stock ones looked like, I couldn't tell they weren't. And really, I think they have a nicer shape than the stock ones. See for yourself:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ones I installed are Mopar stock flaps. Didn’t want to chance anything else. My Nissan has the stock flaps too. I installed those years ago. It irks me that I had to drill the holes for the Mopar flaps. You would have thought they would pre punch everything at the factory and just put plugs in. My truck is plug and play everything.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,272 Posts
Well, you did a lot better mounting them than the guy in my pic. :p Could almost fit a finger in that gap.

There may have been indents to align a drill bit to, but that would be it. Few cars are made with mud flaps in mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts