The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I turn off the van (2011 T&C), I can hear a fan or other motor running from the rear of the car, outside.

I noticed it last night, but I guessed it would stop after a while. My battery was dead this morning, so I think the motor ran until it killed the battery.

Any ideas as to what it could be and how to prevent it from draining the battery again?

I had the fuel pump replaced a few months ago.

·
Super Moderator
4,831 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I just turned off the car after letting it charge itself back up and the noise continued after I turned off the car but then stopped after a minute or so.

Would it be reasonable to pull the Fuel Pump Relay right after I shut off the car and see if the sound goes off to determine whether or not it is the fuel pump?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looking at that TIPM repair thread, the relay is soldered to the board.
You can do the same thing by pulling the fuse that run the fuel pump circuit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After I turn off the van (2011 T&C), I can hear a fan or other motor running from the rear of the car, outside.

I noticed it last night, but I guessed it would stop after a while. My battery was dead this morning, so I think the motor ran until it killed the battery.

Any ideas as to what it could be and how to prevent it from draining the battery again?

I had the fuel pump replaced a few months ago.
I know this was a while ago but did you ever find out the problem? I’m having this exact issue and it drains my battery!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this was a while ago but did you ever find out the problem? I’m having this exact issue and it drains my battery!
we were having a problem with our 2011 T&C turning over but not starting... Fuel pump replaced, new battery - same problem. Sensor replaced, new spark plugs and now we hear a fan noise running after the car has been shut off & parked for hours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts