The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to make the radio display the time?

My 2005 Limited has the Sirius, navigation, and CD changer radio.

:confused:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Is there a way to make the radio display the time?

My 2005 Limited has the Sirius, navigation, and CD changer radio.

:confused:
Press the TIME button will switch between radio and clock, on some radios with cassette, the TIME button will change the direction of the tape.

·
fix it if you can
5,422 Posts
if your RB1 is at revision 'AB' or 'AC', you need an (nav) update disk - there was a bug in code (don't remember the exact version) that would cause the clock not to show up when radio was off (as it normally should)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Press the TIME button will switch between radio and clock, on some radios with cassette, the TIME button will change the direction of the tape.
No, this radio does not have a TIME button. Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if your RB1 is at revision 'AB' or 'AC', you need an (nav) update disk - there was a bug in code (don't remember the exact version) that would cause the clock not to show up when radio was off (as it normally should)
Sounds like you have the same set up I do. My time shows when my radio is on but does not show the time when the radio is off.

Does your radio display the time when the radio is off?

I bought my Limited used and I do not have the disk for the navigation. Everything else, Sirius, AM, FM, all work fine.

If there is no way this radio setup displays the time when the radio is off I will have to settle for a "stick on" digital clock.

Thanks for responding.

:thumb:

·
fix it if you can
5,422 Posts
Sounds like you have the same set up I do. My time shows when my radio is on but does not show the time when the radio is off.

Does your radio display the time when the radio is off?
Yes it does, as it should..

I bought my Limited used and I do not have the disk for the navigation. Everything else, Sirius, AM, FM, all work fine.

If there is no way this radio setup displays the time when the radio is off I will have to settle for a "stick on" digital clock.

Thanks for responding.

As I said before: there was a bug in one or two updates (somewhere between 'AB' and 'AE') that caused the clock not to show up when radio was turned off...

You need an update disk (preferably 'AG' or later) you can get one from the official source (NavTech) or try some place like ebay or just beg or borrow one from a friend/neighbor/whomever if you don't care about nav and just want the software update...

there was an image floating around on the web, but forum rules forbid any copyright violations.. (this is as much as I will say ;| )

the current version is 'AK':
NavTech said:
Chrysler Group - North America Map DVD v.AK
Catalog # U0032-0070-111

$149 Order Today!

Get accurate directions to wherever you travel including new roads, new sub-divisions, and current addresses. New and expanded coverage for cities and metropolitan areas across the continental United States and Canada. You can confidently drive through unfamiliar or recently changed areas. This exciting new update provides an updated list of over 8.8 million Points of Interest to help you find the way to where you want to go ...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it does, as it should..

As I said before: there was a bug in one or two updates (somewhere between 'AB' and 'AE') that caused the clock not to show up when radio was turned off...

You need an update disk (preferably 'AG' or later) you can get one from the official source (NavTech) or try some place like ebay or just beg or borrow one from a friend/neighbor/whomever if you don't care about nav and just want the software update...

there was an image floating around on the web, but forum rules forbid any copyright violations.. (this is as much as I will say ;| )

the current version is 'AK':
Thank you very much for the relevant information. I will try to borrow a navigation disk to update my software. I really don't think I will need the navigation feature.

I notice in your information this:

Can I be doing something in my post so my "thanks" is logged in your total?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts