The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased 2007 T&C touring. I will start with the rear liftgate when I use the key fob or the power button inside the van, the rear gate will unlock push out and act like it is going to go up but it doesn't it stops and pulls in and relocks. Where do I need to start looking to fix this issue, is it a motor, fuse, lift arm ????? please help

·
3rd gen > all others
2,612 Posts
I've seen the shaft that connects to/powers the rear lift arm shear right off. If the lift struts are worn out, that can happen. First thing is to open it manually and see how the struts hold it up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yes, agreed, check the lifting struts first (both for how smoothly they work, and if they are strong enough to hold the liftgate up while raised). On one of my vans, rust on the liftgate strut caused enough resistance at a certain point in travel that the motor controller detected it as collision with an object and would return to the closed position.

If that seems in order, it could be one of the pinch sensors. To find a smoking gun, you'd need a DRB III scan tool, though let's check the liftgate struts before you go down that route.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts