The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is suppose to fix a lot of the issues that have been ongoing for over a year. I have confirmed with Chrysler that TSB 0805312 went out about two weeks ago with firmware 2.126.

Now the sad news - my dealer has no idea what I'm talking about!

I took my van in for the losing of address and presets (VERY common problem), but they claim to never have heard of it. I called Chrysler support and was told that the above information went out two plus weeks ago.

On that note, I'm kind of disappointed with the 730N in that I like the Navigation of my Tom Tom XL better. I even liked the Garmin one better, but our Touring L came with this one. I'm hoping the update addresses the many complaints and issues.

Also, why can't we just have a DVD sent to us? I have to wait and make time to get the van back to the dealer when I could update it myself. ****, just post an ISO file and I'll burn it at my cost!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know it's out there and to start hounding your dealers about it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a burn for the 2.169 version that I can patch, but that had reports of issues as well. The rep I talked to read off a laundry list of problems this fixes. If I could find it, I'd gladly download and apply it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Finally an update! Was having my service on our van couple days ago and didn't have any recall or update for the van :(

Would be nice to be able to just download the file or maybe send us a cd for the update!

Keep us posted! i would love to update my 730N.. my home address keeps getting deleted randomly :(

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I do not see any TSB associated with number 08-053-12.

The TSB referenced below was just announced yesterday 10/11/12. The repair time is approximately 20-30 minutes. Dealers are only provided one update disc at at time - part # 68197238AA Update Disc (version 33.01.23). The details are listed below:

To check your radio software version and verify if the TSB would apply to your vehicle please perform the following instructions:

1. Check the radio software version.
2. Press “Menu” button on the radio.
3. Press “System Setup” touch screen soft key.
4. Press “System Information” touch screen soft key.
5. Is the radio software version at 33.01.23 or greater?
If Yes >>> This service bulletin does not apply. Further diagnosis may be required.

SUBJECT:
Flash: RBZ Or RHB Radio Software Enhancements

TSB 08-057-12

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves upgrading the software on the RBZ or RHB Radio.

This bulletin applies to vehicles equipped with Media Center 430 CD/DVD/MP3/HDD (sales code RBZ) built before November 29, 2011 or Media center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV Radio (sales code RHB).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may experience one or more of the following conditions.
· Digital photos loaded onto the hard drive intermittently get lost (RBZ & RHB).
· CD/DVD will not play (RHB only).
· Navigation accept screen will not clear (RHB only).
· Navigation shows “acquiring signal” for an extended period of time (RHB only).
· New navigation graphics (RHB only).

If the customer experiences the Symptom/Condition(s) perform the procedure.

Reactions: 97K15004WD

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
After some further investigation I have found out some information regarding the 730N radio to share with forum members.

The reason the dealer was not aware of the TSB that the OP referenced is that it has not yet been "officially" released.

The Uconnect team is still working on getting the software disc set up in the Mopar parts system, they have only recently sent dealerships a small amount of discs to begin updates on vehicles while they are waiting for the administrative process of setting up the disc to be completed.

Once the disc if completed and approved, the official Service Bulletin (TSB 08-053-12) will get published when the discs are set up through Mopar. Additional discs cannot currently be ordered until the service bulletin is published.

The Uconnect team is also working on sending an update disc directly to customers. Customers will be given the option to perform the update on their own or they may bring the disc into the dealer to have the dealer update their system for them.

If your dealer has not already received this disc packet, the discs should be arriving at dealerships very soon.

The RHR 2.126 software disc application corrects the following conditions:
• Lost channel presets, home address setting, address book entries & Travel Link favorites.
• Not able to change default country and state then route.
• Unable to load .jpeg files onto hard drive to display on touch screen.
• Incomplete Travel Link temperature displayed when the temperature is over 99.9F.
[Example, if the temperature is 107F the screen will display 07.] (Domestic U.S. only)
• Cancel key inoperative after pressing the international button.
• iPhone4 dial not possible after second call.
• Missing Travel Link buttons from SAT menu (Domestic U.S. only).
• Devices button disabled in VES menu.
• Unable to route to a recent route after a map update.
• Remove Travel Link disclaimer popup (Domestic U.S. only).
• Duplicate phone numbers in popup after pressing the international button.
• During active call and on hold, DIAL button should be displayed (not “TONE” button).
• International button not visible.
• Point of interest (POI) Search enhancements.
• When video in remote DVD player is stopped devices button wrongly labeled as DVD.
• iPod, track selection enhancements.

Hope the information listed above is helpful to some forum members.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Update disc to be sent to customers? That would be awesome! This update is for both US and Canada customers im hoping... :) Can't wait to get an updated firmware for my 730N .. Would be nice if they would actually upgrade the GPS to Garmin or better yet include a updated MAP database for the GPS if there's one already ...

What's the ETA on this?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hope this fixes the plethora of issues. I'm very unhappy with the 730N at this time. I'm on a trip right now and it's just terrible. The GPS tracking can't keep up, I've missed turns and exit because it gets lost or hangs. The POI search is worthless. I was looking for a Papa Johns and it comes up with ones hundreds of miles away. I was trying to route multiple destinations and it gets stuck in the last state. I initially routed to a city in MA and need to stop at a city in NY on the return. Everytime I switch back to NY and try to find my hotel on the POI search, it keeps listing ones in MA. My Tom Tom was far better than this and it only cost $100 with lifetime traffic & maps. I travel a lot and the GPS was a big reason I went with this equipment package. If I could, I'd gladly downgrade to the Garmin based unit and take a refund on the extra spent on this unit. I can live without the voice input which rarely works anyway. I otherwise like the van minus a few issues.

If the folks in charge of this were smart, they would put the file up for download as an ISO file and let us burn it ourself to CD. If I continue to have issues, I'm going to talk to the dealer about getting rid of it and having it replaced with the Garmin. I find it unacceptable that this has been an ongoing issue for over a year. At least, it is being addressed.

They need to fix the lock out while moving too. It's ridiculous that my wife can't search POIs or enter an address while we are moving. I can understand the video portion as per State laws prohibiting it. I shouldn't have to install a lock pick in order to get full functionality out of my GPS.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ChryslerCares...

I don't see any mention of a fix for the 730N not wanting to use the "in-process-data" roads. I can't use my GPS because it wants to take me WAY our of my way to get to a surveyed road. The 430N in our dodge truck works flawlessly.

Do you have any direct contact with the "uconnect team"? They should be able to make it something the user can select.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I hope this fixes the plethora of issues. I'm very unhappy with the 730N at this time. I'm on a trip right now and it's just terrible. The GPS tracking can't keep up, I've missed turns and exit because it gets lost or hangs. The POI search is worthless. I was looking for a Papa Johns and it comes up with ones hundreds of miles away. I was trying to route multiple destinations and it gets stuck in the last state. I initially routed to a city in MA and need to stop at a city in NY on the return. Everytime I switch back to NY and try to find my hotel on the POI search, it keeps listing ones in MA. My Tom Tom was far better than this and it only cost $100 with lifetime traffic & maps. I travel a lot and the GPS was a big reason I went with this equipment package. If I could, I'd gladly downgrade to the Garmin based unit and take a refund on the extra spent on this unit. I can live without the voice input which rarely works anyway. I otherwise like the van minus a few issues.

If the folks in charge of this were smart, they would put the file up for download as an ISO file and let us burn it ourself to CD. If I continue to have issues, I'm going to talk to the dealer about getting rid of it and having it replaced with the Garmin. I find it unacceptable that this has been an ongoing issue for over a year. At least, it is being addressed.

They need to fix the lock out while moving too. It's ridiculous that my wife can't search POIs or enter an address while we are moving. I can understand the video portion as per State laws prohibiting it. I shouldn't have to install a lock pick in order to get full functionality out of my GPS.
I hope the new update would just reinstall the GPS on the 730N with updated Garmin maps and interface.. i like the garmin interface better and it seems to be more accurate as well :D Lets hope they fix it and make the GPS on the 730N more useful and not useless! Maybe we should actually send emails to Chrysler Customer care and see what they say about it...

·
Super Moderator
6,552 Posts
I hope the new update would just reinstall the GPS on the 730N with updated Garmin maps and interface.. i like the garmin interface better and it seems to be more accurate as well :D Lets hope they fix it and make the GPS on the 730N more useful and not useless! Maybe we should actually send emails to Chrysler Customer care and see what they say about it...
That will probably never happen.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just want the thing stable and usable. Another glitch noted on this trip is that the GPS Compass is reversed. The EVIC shows the proper direction. The GPS has North & South correct, but has East & West backwords. For example, the EVIC will show me I'm headed East and the arrow on the GPS display will be pointing West. I hope something is done soon, I mean it's only been a problem for over a year!??!?!

·
Super Moderator
6,552 Posts
I just want the thing stable and usable. Another glitch noted on this trip is that the GPS Compass is reversed. The EVIC shows the proper direction. The GPS has North & South correct, but has East & West backwords. For example, the EVIC will show me I'm headed East and the arrow on the GPS display will be pointing West. I hope something is done soon, I mean it's only been a problem for over a year!??!?!
That's happened to my RER a couple times. You have to go into the engineering menu and reset the satellite.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe we should actually send emails to Chrysler Customer care and see what they say about it...
It could not hurt to contact Chrysler Customer service. I have complained a couple of times about my 730N and will probably do it again now that the update is out and doesn't look like it is addressing any of my main concerns. The more people that complain about this unit, the better the chance that they will fix all the issues.

·
Super Moderator
6,552 Posts
It could not hurt to contact Chrysler Customer service. I have complained a couple of times about my 730N and will probably do it again now that the update is out and doesn't look like it is addressing any of my main concerns. The more people that complain about this unit, the better the chance that they will fix all the issues.

Absolutely. Just do it in a respectful manner, but be firm that you are disappointed in the unit.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Really hoping to get this update asap! I want my 730N to be stable and usable!

Hopefully they could also a map update with the fix.. so we could get an updated map and poi :D Hoping that the routing would be a bit more earlier..I noticed that the time the GPS tells you to turn left or turn right.. its a bit too late already..i hope that gets fixed too cause i hate missing a turn .. :(

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.