The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi there. Just got a minivan and wanted to stop by and introduce myself. We've been looking for a vehicle with three rows of seats as we are expecting baby #3 any day now. After visiting a used lot and seeing vehicle after late-model vehicle, each in excess of 50K miles with asking prices as high as $17K, we decided to take a gamble on something a little older. We actually stopped to look at something else, but with this '97 Caravan LE with 99K miles came up for $2100 we took the plunge. It's fairly basic, it has the 3.3l, 2nd sliding door and the Infinity stereo. There are a few spots where the interior has worn a little thin and there is a small dent in the liftgate but for the most part, it's quite clean. I've only driven it 100 miles or so, but this is my first minivan and I like it much more than I thought I would. I look forward to learning from your experience. Take care!

·
MOPAR Parts & Service Pro
3,052 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the internet, Nonprofit. :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Welcome to the world of minivans! Nice to see another 3rd gen around.

·
Super Moderator
25,125 Posts

Hi there. Just got a minivan and wanted to stop by and introduce myself. We've been looking for a vehicle with three rows of seats as we are expecting baby #3 any day now. After visiting a used lot and seeing vehicle after late-model vehicle, each in excess of 50K miles with asking prices as high as $17K, we decided to take a gamble on something a little older. We actually stopped to look at something else, but with this '97 Caravan LE with 99K miles came up for $2100 we took the plunge. It's fairly basic, it has the 3.3l, 2nd sliding door and the Infinity stereo. There are a few spots where the interior has worn a little thin and there is a small dent in the liftgate but for the most part, it's quite clean. I've only driven it 100 miles or so, but this is my first minivan and I like it much more than I thought I would. I look forward to learning from your experience. Take care!
:hi2: NonProfit and welcome to the Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forum. We hope your experience here is a pleasant one.

What's your vehicle repair experience level? lots? backyard mechanic? as a hobby? as employment?

Following are some tips to help with giving / receiving information when using the site:

Signature / Site Use:
Including your vehicle information such as model, year, engine size and odometer reading, with your "Signature", will help tremendously with getting good feedback (less guesswork).
For future searchability, using the search tool, please avoid abbreviations like AWD, TCM, PCM and such, as words of three letters, and less, are non searchable.
To thank a Poster for their feedback / information, click on the Thanks icon in their Post (bottom right). Most times, that button works, and the thanks will show up at the bottom of their Post, if not, come back later and try again.
If you think a Post is inappropriate and needs to be reported to the Moderators, check the icons in the upper right for "Report Post".
For the general breakdown of content for the site, click here.
For the rules of the road for the site click here.
For FAQs regarding "General Forum Usage", "User Profile Features" (including private messaging) and "Reading and Posting Messages" click on FAQ in Menu or click here.

Library Information - General:
Your local Library subscribes to various data bases of information, some of those may be related to automobiles. Typically, using your Library card # and a Library password, you can access this information at home. It may be worthwhile checking with your local Library to see what they have available and how to access it from your home computer. For example, a local library nearest to me has access to the Chilton Library with data for maintenance, repair, and bulletins/recalls. I accessd it recently for info related to topics on this Forum.

Library Information - ARRC:
Public access to this has been changed. If your library has access to EBSCOhost Databases, then go to the Auto Repair Reference Center (ARRC), and submit your vehicle model year and take it from there. Try this site.
Note: If info isn't there for your year / model, try another year or similar model.

Haynes Manual:
- inexpensive, about $30.00
- gives replacement / repair procedures
- gives maintenance schedules
- gives torque specifications
- gives fault codes
- gives information on regular maintenance
- gives information on tires
- gives information on body work
The manual is a worthwhile investment.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
welcome to the forum from the uk..... cool van colour by the way.....:beerchug:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

jgbat, andyg, Jeepman, greensleeves, and 97K15004WD,

Thanks for the kind welcomes!

:hi2: NonProfit and welcome to the What's your vehicle repair experience level? lots? backyard mechanic? as a hobby? as employment?
I'm certainly no expert. I like to tinker, but my diagnostics are lacking.

To thank a Poster for their feedback / information, click on the Thanks icon in their Post (bottom right). Most times, that button works, and the thanks will show up at the bottom of their Post, if not, come back later and try again.
I've been looking for the "Thanks button," am I missing something obvious?

welcome to the forum from the uk..... cool van colour by the way.....:beerchug:
Thanks, I bought a '96 Plymouth Breeze new in the same green. I like it too.

Blessings! -NP

·
PT Driver
2,674 Posts
Welcome to the club NonProfit from the state that looks like a hand. Sounds like you got a nice little van. :hi2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts