The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
15,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those who claims to have a "Fully Loaded" vehicle.

it is illegal in Texas (more likely in all other states too) for a vehicle dealer to advertise a vehicle as:

1. Fully Loaded
  2. Loaded
  3. Power Loaded
  4. Luxury Loaded
  5. Value Loaded
  6. Pretty much using the "Loaded" word unless every single accessory is also listed.
That is the reason no new car dealer ever list their new vehicles as "Loaded".

Loaded word is only used by a unscrupulous salesperson, and only verbally.

Then, the car buyer keeps telling he bought a "Fully Loaded" vehicle.

Sorry but no, you don't have a "Fully Loaded" vehicle, there is always something that could've added as a factory option.

One car dealer I've investigated turned out to be accused of multiple advertising violations in the past, this is only one of multiple citations they had:

Font Parallel Screenshot Document Number

·
Registered
178 Posts
From Arlington, TX came my neighbor's car with towing package, lighting package, HD-AC, oil cooler...every possible occasion for an option selection was taken except......
leather.
He stressed the car WASN'T fully loaded. I'd lived in worse places than the trunk of that car.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I love when you look on Craigslist and they say the vehicle for sale is "loaded" when it's really just a base model or the seller thinks because it has leather then it's loaded. And they clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

That or they lie and say it's a "Limited' when it's a Walter P Chrysler Edition or something, NOT Limited.

I was looking at Chevy Silverados once and it would be a base LS and the seller would list it as an LTZ. Seriously how blatant of a liar do you have to be??

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Caravan 35th Anniversary Edition
92 Posts
It's sad to say the desire to feed the search term engines out there, has made the problem worse. They add the acronyms such as SXT, LE, Limited, SE, etc. interchangeably in used car listings (AutoTrader website in Canada is a good example).

I get annoyed when just a cursory glance at the picture tells me right away that the model being sold isn't what it's described as. Foglights, heated seats and sunroofs (now called moonroofs, lol) are examples of what is usually a give-away as to the trim level.

"Buyer beware" continues to be ultra important!

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
15,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't blame folks from saying they own a fully loaded vehicle, that's what they were told when they bought it.

Problem is, they cannot prove it, nowhere in the paperwork shows it as a fully loaded!

Something very weird, I do have a Ford F350 XL.

When I run the VIN, it always shows being a King Ranch version when in fact is not. Carfax or any other VIN search site, all of them shows my truck as being a King Ranch.

Last year, I was going to Mexico, needed some quick cash for a couple of days.

Stopped a TitleMax to see how much I could get. They inspected and valued my truck as a King Ranch. Even after physical inspection, they over valued my truck for at least $30,000.00.

Weird!

Not "Fully Loaded" for sure! 😁 :oops:

·
Super Moderator
27,919 Posts
Are you sure you aren't driving a stolen vehicle where the identification has been changed? :)

Reactions: Kira and UN4GTBL

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,131 Posts
Are you sure you aren't driving a stolen vehicle where the identification has been changed? :)
Ran across one of those once. At the other shop a guy came in with a Challenger for an alignment. I scanned the VIN and a Charger 2 years older showed up on the screen. Reported it to the boss, but I don't think he did anything about it. The boss at that shop was ultra shady, so wouldn't surprise me if it was stolen and he already knew.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,131 Posts
Yeah, but that was probably something like a Cavalier coupe with a Sunfire VIN, likely of the same year. Mighty hard to label a 2019 Challenger R/T as a 2017 Charger SXT.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
15,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ran across one of those once. At the other shop a guy came in with a Challenger for an alignment. I scanned the VIN and a Charger 2 years older showed up on the screen. Reported it to the boss, but I don't think he did anything about it. The boss at that shop was ultra shady, so wouldn't surprise me if it was stolen and he already knew.
Is not your job or his to do that kind if reporting. How do you knew it was 2 years older? People changes parts to make their vehicles look newer.

I do have a 1958 International truck titled as a 1961 truck. How that happened?

I bought that truck without title. Went to the local DMV and requested a new title. Those old vehicles had a serial number instead of a VIN. I filled the official registration form, except that I entered the wrong year by mistake.

Got my tile, end of story.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,131 Posts
The hood emissions label said 2019 model year. Car had very low miles, too low to have been modded out, and everything looked stock and new.

Both things were on the car, not paperwork. The door sticker was 2017 Charger, while the hood sticker matched the body. Didn't go digging into the chassis stamp, but I'd imagine that would not match the door sticker. Windshield VIN plate didn't have a barcode. Whole bunch of things were screaming VIN swapped.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had an '06 Taurus I had bought used with 8k miles on it in '06. Fleet car. Bought it in June. Three or four years later I get pulled over by an officer in October (was on my way to a Halloween party with my future wife) and am told my plates are expired. I show him my paid plate renewal, insurance card, etc. He goes back to his squad, comes back and asks if I own a Mustang. I say no. Well turns out according to the state, not shown on any paperwork I have, the plates come back to an '06 Mustang. After explaining I don't own a Mustang, he checks the vin tag on the dash to what it is on all the paperwork and sends me on my way that I need to get that fixed....and that I'm driving on expired plates....

I head to the dmv the following Monday. I bring the title, sales paperwork from the dealer, all of my plate renewels, all previous insurance cards (all of it said 2006 Ford Taurus), and even parked it in front of the window and took my front plate off (showing tabs were valid and they have a bar code) so I could point and say 'does that look like a Mustang?!'

She looks up my info, yup, listed as a 2006 Silver Ford Mustang GT. She looks at the title, checks the vin, checks the plate, and then I point to the window, to the parking spot, a silver Ford Taurus, with no front plate. She fixed it in their database, plates are good, and no further issues.

The ultimate kicker in all this, Minnesota doesn't have a flat fee renewal, they base it all on assumed value of the vehicle. So for all that time I was paying higher plate renewals for a Mustang GT than on a Taurus! With no recourse for a refund! I joked for a while that I had the first four door mustang ever made.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
15,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had an '06 Taurus I had bought used with 8k miles on it in '06. Fleet car. Bought it in June. Three or four years later I get pulled over by an officer in October (was on my way to a Halloween party with my future wife) and am told my plates are expired. I show him my paid plate renewal, insurance card, etc. He goes back to his squad, comes back and asks if I own a Mustang. I say no. Well turns out according to the state, not shown on any paperwork I have, the plates come back to an '06 Mustang. After explaining I don't own a Mustang, he checks the vin tag on the dash to what it is on all the paperwork and sends me on my way that I need to get that fixed....and that I'm driving on expired plates....

I head to the dmv the following Monday. I bring the title, sales paperwork from the dealer, all of my plate renewels, all previous insurance cards (all of it said 2006 Ford Taurus), and even parked it in front of the window and took my front plate off (showing tabs were valid and they have a bar code) so I could point and say 'does that look like a Mustang?!'

She looks up my info, yup, listed as a 2006 Silver Ford Mustang GT. She looks at the title, checks the vin, checks the plate, and then I point to the window, to the parking spot, a silver Ford Taurus, with no front plate. She fixed it in their database, plates are good, and no further issues.

The ultimate kicker in all this, Minnesota doesn't have a flat fee renewal, they base it all on assumed value of the vehicle. So for all that time I was paying higher plate renewals for a Mustang GT than on a Taurus! With no recourse for a refund! I joked for a while that I had the first four door mustang ever made.
You got lucky. Should that happen in Texas, you get arrested on the spot, especially now that we have a state trooper on every mile of interstate highway.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Years ago I bought a new 73 Toyota from the dealer I worked for. This was in California and the cost of tags was based on the value of the car. Somewhere along the line either in the office or the DMV the model year on the title said it was a 23. I paid minimal tax for years on that thing but afraid that I might get caught and have to pay all the back taxes. Never happened.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just helped a friend sell a motorhome. Looking at her registration I noticed it was registered at a much lower weight, which is what the fee is based on. Saved her hundreds over the year!

·
3rd Gen Plebeian
1997 Plymouth Grand Voyager Rallye
1,061 Posts
Fully Loaded:

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Checkmate LEVY!

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,131 Posts
I've had Caraline almost that full. I was able to shut all the doors though and the roof was only about half as high. Also was towing a trailer that had about 1.5x the amount that's on that roof on it. That was a real slow ride helping my friend move. :p Was also the last loaded trip the stock rear shocks made. Pretty sure those aren't related though. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts