The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to me 2019 Caravan SXT.
The inside rear view mirror appears almost aftermarket. It is very bulky, has an aperature on the right side of the front of the mirror; has a bulky electric wire coming from the headliner into the mirror, and has two caged-looking protrusions on the top of the mirror, almost like microphones.
I searched the internet for pix and Caravan options, but no luck.
Is this one of the mirrors that self-adjust when there is a glare from opposing headlights ...or is this some kind of aftermarket thing? Did not look like any mirror factory options for this model.
This attached picture is not very good but shows the general features I have described.
thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
3,517 Posts
That's the ultra fancy stock mirror. Those are indeed microphones for the Bluetooth system.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the clarification.
Awww shucks, no forward camera recording...

·
Registered
617 Posts
New to me 2019 Caravan SXT.
The inside rear view mirror appears almost aftermarket. It is very bulky, has an aperature on the right side of the front of the mirror; has a bulky electric wire coming from the headliner into the mirror, and has two caged-looking protrusions on the top of the mirror, almost like microphones.
I searched the internet for pix and Caravan options, but no luck.
Is this one of the mirrors that self-adjust when there is a glare from opposing headlights ...or is this some kind of aftermarket thing? Did not look like any mirror factory options for this model.
This attached picture is not very good but shows the general features I have described.
thanks.
I never seen this mirror in a Chrysler or Dodge. The mounting point of the mirror on the windshield looks different. The bracket on the windshield is right, but the shaft is diferent. The shape of the microphones also looks different.

There is a very simple mirror without a dimming function. This one has no button.
Then there is a mirror with a dimming function with or without microphones. This one has a button in the middle and this cable with a 16-way black connector on the back.
Last but not least, there is the dimming mirror with the high beam assistant. A camera is mounted on the bracket.This mirror has the same black 16-way connector or a black/white 20-way connector (newer MY).

I attach pictures from the two mirrors with highbeam assistent and microphone (dont have mirrors without camera). The older up to MY13 (has a green lamp left of the button and 16way connector) and the newer (blue button an 20way connector)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts