The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3rd gen > all others
4,563 Posts
Yes, keep your springs and swap them on!!! Often a strut will be marketed, but it was made with the short wheelbase in mind and the springs they supply are too weak for a long wheelbase. We had a 94 Grand Caravan and the front bottomed out on small puddles in the alley! The struts looked new. I tried the rubber blocks in the spring trick, but that made it worse. Always get original springs if you can.

Reactions: Mopar-Mofun

·
Registered
149 Posts
I put these on my 92 TC but kept my old springs.

View attachment 68592
thanks george but i found some used ones at a junkyard. fcs brand not to far from new. they were the full strut. the problem wasnt getting the ones off at the junk yard. the problem was getting my old ones off. they must have been the original ones. it took me 3 days to get the old ones off and the other ones back on. i feel like i aged 10 more years. no way in heckyl jeckyl **** i could use the old springs. i'll try to post pictures of the old ones on my other post. have a look see and let me know ur thoughts. DOH !

·
3rd gen > all others
4,563 Posts
If you have a short wheelbase you'll probably be alright. The long wheelbase NEEDS the correct springs. Always a great find getting close to new parts at the junkyard though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts