The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your battery is weak. Please, replace it.

If you allow this to continue, the needles will go all the way 'round and stick. o_O

Then you will need to do the instrument panel calibration.

SEARCH for details.
I will have the battery checked tomorrow , although the battery is only 16 months old , also the gauges are fine now , not sure what's going on

·
Drivin' Maniac
2002 Grand Caravan ES 3.8L
2,186 Posts
You didn't leave the OEM interior lights on while cleaning the inside did you? I've run down the van's voltage that way.

If the battery checks good (and you don't have corroded terminal/ground issues, check the grounds on the B pillar) then you would be OK I guess.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You didn't leave the OEM interior lights on while cleaning the inside did you? I've run down the van's voltage that way.

If the battery checks good (and you don't have corroded terminal/ground issues, check the grounds on the B pillar) then you would be OK I guess.
nope didn't leave the interior lights on , the grounds on the B pillar ? never heard of that , where do i find those ?

·
Drivin' Maniac
2002 Grand Caravan ES 3.8L
2,186 Posts
the grounds on the B pillar ? never heard of that , where do i find those ?
This list includes ground points and locations.

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Caravan SXE
932 Posts
when I start my 05 limited , the gauges goes a bit crazy , they shoot way up and then come back down again .
Any ideas on how to fix this ? thanks !!
Sadly, this is the a known issue with the 2005 era vans. This is the model year for electrical gremlins. You'll be chasing this down over and over.

Yes, the AMP draw from the batter is weak. Could be the body harness or grounding issue or the connection under the battery tray.

Over these years here, people have just added 'additional' grounding from engine to frame, interior dash frame to body grounds, etc. It helps, but it's only a partial solution.

I feel for you. My 2005 SXT was a great van at that time. But the electrical annoyed me too. The 2006 is rock solid, no electrical issues either.

Reactions: Sunroof guy

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Caravan SXE
932 Posts
For now she is running and starting like a champion ! Hope it continues to stay this way. I wanted to thank everyone that has helped me on this
Oh, just add about this many ground straps and all will be good then. :geek:

Plant Art Gesture Font Fashion design

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Caravan SXE
932 Posts
^^^ Those are sold as a performance upgrade to the Ricer crowd. :p 😇

More seriously, proper grounding DOES help the ECU interpret signals from the sensors.(y)
I did just that with my 2005. Yes, it nullified about 70% of the electrical gremlin issues for that model year.

One item of interest was, grounding the TB to the engine. That got rid of the gas pedal delay issues. And I didn't learn this from the minivan forums, I learned it from both the RAM truck and Jeep forums. It's a known issue with these FCA vehicles. An easy fix really.

Reactions: Carbuff2
1 - 12 of 12 Posts