The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am new on the forum. I recently bought a used 2013 TC Touring. After one week, I have to jump start my TC every 1 or 2 days, I had the battery changed but no improvement and then I noticed There are some lights that will go down but never go off after I shut off everything. It is very hard to see them in the day time but they are more obvious in a dark garage or at night time. At first I thought these are some fluorescent feature as you can see on some watch, but then I noticed there is no such light on my neighbor's TC. I tried to turn the dimmer control all way down but that did not solve the problem. Please see the pictures attached.

So far I have noticed the problem on:
lower step light on both doors,
analog clock, the fuel economy control panel,
head light switch, the dimmer control,
overhead door switches,
backseat climate control,
backseat USB connector

Have you ever see something like this? and what maybe the cause?

Really appreciate your help! my wife is giving me a hard time:angry:

Attachments

·
Registered
562 Posts
Might try disconnecting the battery and leave it disconnected for about a half hour. The computer might have got screwed up and this might reset it. Welcome aboard. I too have a 2013.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I brought the van to a dealer two weeks ago and they said there is a configuration stayed on and they reset it, charged me 100 diagnosis fee. But the problem is not resolved. These lights will randomly shut off or stay on for next three or four days and then the lights stayed on...

I have to jump start the van every morning and Wednesday morning, after I jump started the van, all warning lights on the dashboard are on! I mean all warning lights! and all the gauges stop working, no road speed, no engine speed, no coolant temp, no gasoline indicator. The odometer stopped too. I can still drive the van though.

Any idea? really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I too am a newbie to this forum and I have the same problem as you. I have a 2013 t&c limited that will not start about once a week. The same lights as you are seeing also remain illuminated in my van. The dealer has had it for the last week. They have found a 2.5 amp draw on the battery with ignition off. They say they have traced the problem to a bad blind spot detector module. This is a $1200 repair. I am not sure if this is the source off some of my other problems which cropped up from time to time - doors openning, engine starting, radio turning off, four way flashers going on, horn honking, auto high beams going on and off, EVIC iluumination fluctuating - all as if vehicle is possessed. Dealer and Chrysler Canada have both said that they will not cover any of these problems due to mileage (97,000 km). I am not a fan of this vehicle. I wish you luck with yours and wish I knew how to help you.

·
Registered
504 Posts
In what position is your dimmer control right from the headlight Switch?

The owner Manuals says:
Rotate the left dimmer control completely upward to the second detent (extreme top position) to turn on the interior lights. The interior lights will remain on when the dimmer control is in this position.

·
Super Moderator
22,842 Posts
With an old, weak or run down battery, the relays will act up and things will happen like wipers working without the switch being on, the dash gauges going wacky, etc.

For the time being you might want to install a battery disconnect switch, various types are available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPI3f3edL9U

This sounds like a problem that Chrysler should be looking into and not looking to the Customer to spend $1,200 to fix. I suggest you contact ChryslerCares who is a member on here.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I brought the van to a dealer two weeks ago and they said there is a configuration stayed on and they reset it, charged me 100 diagnosis fee. But the problem is not resolved. These lights will randomly shut off or stay on for next three or four days and then the lights stayed on...

I have to jump start the van every morning and Wednesday morning, after I jump started the van, all warning lights on the dashboard are on! I mean all warning lights! and all the gauges stop working, no road speed, no engine speed, no coolant temp, no gasoline indicator. The odometer stopped too. I can still drive the van though.

Any idea? really appreciate your help!
Hi peterhe,

If you'd like to PM me your VIN, contact information, and the name of the dealership you're working with, I'd be happy to look into this for you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts