The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've wanted the OEM European tail lights on my 2005 for a while. I was able to locate the OEM part numbers and got them at my local Chrysler dealer. Total for both was $190 and some change. Now, given my minivan is a 2005 there is NOT a separate wire for the turn signals in the rear. The brake/running light portion of the lights do the turn signals. All I had to do was repin the tail light connectors and they work as well as factory! But I am thinking if I'd found some Amber/Red switch back LEDs to put into the official turn signal spot on these tail lights I could have amber rear signals just like the new Ram trucks and some of the Jeeps. I took this project on because 1: when I bought my 05 the driver's side light was cracked and full of water and the passenger side had lost its lens and 2: because I wanted to make my minivan a little more unique to me. I'll bet I'm the only 4th gen in the state running European tail lights. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Town & Country 251k miles
328 Posts
I installed aftermarket tail lamps which use separate pigtails for each bulb instead of the shared circuit board. I was then able to install LED stop/turn bulbs with a built in resistor harness.

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Caravan SXE
1,235 Posts
2: because I wanted to make my minivan a little more unique to me. I'll bet I'm the only 4th gen in the state running European tail lights. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
You are about the 4th person I know who has put the EU tail lamps on the 4th gen. There is a thread back in 2020 on doing this with a step-by-step detail.

In the end, the result was a bit strange. If a person traveling behind you saw the tail lights, they would think you were driving a 2001 Ford Mercury Villager or a Nissan Quest from that era. The tail lights look so close to being identical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts