The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the site here.

We have a 2011 Town and Country, and today when my wife was driving it the guages and cluster started going crazy. It continued to behave strange when I drove it too:

-Wipers turning on by themselves
-radio would go out
-headlights on/off
-Cluster was giving about every warning message it could.

- and the final clue "NO BUS" on cluster, meaning the communications bus was not talking.

It's still under warrantee, but I HATE dealers!! I'd like to at least check the connections.

Engine ran fine, so I believe that the BCM has a loose connection. I looked under the dash and didn't see anything. Actually, under the dash was surprisingly empty.

Where is the BCM ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
i second the low battery, my vehicle played the same game with me just before the batt gave out... seems to eat one every 2 years or so.

·
5000 Club
5,727 Posts
I want to say the BCM is now built into the cluster. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A low/bad battery can cause BCM issues. I have no idea where it is located. Good luck.
It's funny you say that, because the battery was run down very low and had to be put on the charger.
So last night I disconnected the battery overnight and reconencted it this morning.
It still did the same thing today, after about 15 minutes of driving.
Pretty much all interior functions were intermittant. Radio went out, HVAC display went out, fan stopped blowing...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to say the BCM is now built into the cluster. Can anyone confirm?
Hopefully it's not the cluster. That would be bad, since my company make the cluster for Chrysler as well as the PCM! I don't know anyone from the cluster group, but I think it's time to go bother some people and ask some questions :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just browsing and realized I never posted the results of my problem...

Turned out that a CAN bus communication wire was shorted in the tailgate. I suppose it must be the backup camera module, because that's about the only thing in the tailgate that would have communications. I had taken it to the dealer under warrantee. It took them a few days to track it down, but they were good. I never did discover the location of the BCM. I asked the service writer and he didn't know. It's been great ever since. No other problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts