And there it is.

·
Super Moderator
26,902 Posts
OEFIX - Dorman Oil Filter Housing Assembly, part # 926-876

·
Registered
30 Posts
Under the part number it says this part fits "Chrysler 2018-17 & 2015-14" . So what do you do if, like me, you own a
2016? Is there really any difference on a 2016 vs 2015 or 2017? Not that I need one of these right now, just wondering.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That whole year bit makes no sense to me either. It probably is "swap your guts" compatible with the 2014-redesigned part. There's a difference in how the 11-13 cooler block is shaped and what filter they use compared to all years since.

·
Super Moderator
26,902 Posts
The video (Post #3) says select Pentastar engines from 2014 to 2919. The video (2:10) also shows the kit which includes manifold gaskets, bolts, etc. Reuse the old oil cooler.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The anti-Dorman camp will bleat all their stuff is cheap.
I don't believe that's the case but I've only scratched the surface of their huge catalog.
A Dorman rep told me they only sell through a parts store which already sells their stuff.
I've never asked a counterman to special order for me so I don't know how prompt their service is.
Ask or look for the "Dorman" or "HELP" line of blister packed parts -window cranks, drain plug gaskets etc.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
According to the replies on the video Jeepman posted, we should expect them in stores next month. No word on pricing except that it should be less than OE (given it doesn't have the cooler block or sensors, it should be).

Reactions: Jeepman

·
Registered
9 Posts
Count me as Dorman-skeptic. My experiences so far have shown quality to be at a level I'd call "good enough to install if you're about to sell the car." But in the case of this part, Chrysler set the quality bar very low. And made in USA? I'll be buying one!

Although I searched the P/N on their website and it doesn't show up?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not available yet. Check back in a month.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I understand the part is not available yet. I was trying to find the page you copied in the original post.

P.S. thanks for posting it!

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found it on a Facebook group dedicated to Suped-up Caravans. :p Think you have to be a member to see posts, but it's right here, though it doesn't give any more info than here.

Interesting thing. This thread is the 2nd Google result when searching for this part with "dorman 926-876". #1 being the video embedded above. Bet the Dorman guys are thrilled to see "Hallelujah!" in reference to their product.

·
Super Moderator
26,902 Posts
Or go back to Post #6. :)

Reactions: Sienile

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Makes it even funnier that I mentioned it being on this page in the post before too. :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
26,902 Posts
Reactions: LEVY

·
Super Moderator
26,902 Posts
Interlude:
Simon Challenges Contestant To Sing Hallelujah, Then Singer Stuns All 4 Judges With His Voice

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, go back to post #3, is where I got it from! 🤪
I'm getting dizzy:rolleyes:
I'm just glad they're gonna make it. I think mine might be doing the leaking-end-plug thing they point out in the vid. There's just a little pool of oil on the block under the filter-end. I hoped it was from changing the filter, but if I blast it away with brakleen it comes back before the next change.
(2015 T&C ~42k miles )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts