The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been digging deeper in to the town and country since its been breaking serpentine belts and lost oil pressure due to foaming of the oil from being overfilled.

We've had it to the shop before after it had broken serpentine belts and they told us the crank pulley wasn't aligned and it was probably that way from the factory and there was nothing they could do. I now realize the shop tech was an idiot and the harmonic balancer was needing replaced. Since then the belt has broken 3 more times and ive replaced it myself assuming what the tech had told us was correct. When the serpentine belt has broken it has cut through our ac lines, and most recently hit the AC pump wires.

Since the last serpentine belt broke I have:
Drained the oil and replaced it to the proper level (now getting proper oil pressure at idle) its not kicking to high pressure at startup and then dropping back down so not sure if pump system is working correctly. I do have a new pressure switch that I havent installed yet.

Replaced the serpentine belt (although its only about half on the harmonic balancer due to its failing)

Battery is not charging, P2503 is the only code I am getting - need to track this down, could be related to the AC wires being hit or perhaps a broken ground wire, or alternator isnt working due to oil that leaked on it when overfilled.

Any other things I should be looking at?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
Replace the balancer and the code might go away. Belt could be slipping because of the balancer. Had a customer with intermittent A/C on a Pacifica because of the same thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts