The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Has anyone used Jeep JK wheels on their van?

19K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Road Ripper 
#1 ·
I am planning on upgrading the brakes on my 2012 T&C to the larger HD brakes which will require 17" wheels.

I am seeing tons of these Jeep wheels for sale cheap locally. The only 17" van wheels I've found are at salvage yards that want an arm and a leg for them. Plus, I like to do things a little differently when I can :)

It looks like the bolt pattern and center bore are the same. The JK wheels are 17x7.5 et44

My only concern is that they might be a bit heavier, than the van wheels, but that's just a guess as I can't find any weight data.

Any thoughts?

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm expecting them to work fine, but weigh 5-10 lbs more than stock van 17 inchers. The good news is lots of people upgrade the rims on their Wranglers and sell stockers making them very available. I probably wont get the chance to do a test fit until tomorrow.

It would be pretty fun to keep the Jeep center caps. Would throw people off for sure.

#7 ·
I have the 16 inch jeep JK wheels wonder if they would be more on par weight wise

Edit

And my van has the 16 inch wheels I believe. 2015 t and C touring.....nevermind I have 17 inch as well

Edit edit

On Craigslist local to me I can find the 16 or 17 inch wheels 5 for 140$. Saw 4 for $100 for the 17 inch ones like in the OP

#10 ·
I managed to get some sahara 18"s to fit. It required clearencing a few mm of the material off of the outside face of the caliper to do it, and it is a tight fit between the spokes and the caliper. The original plan was to run spacers, and I even test fit them, but it seems much more secure having the wheel centered on the hub.

Attachments

#15 ·
^^ Because it's winter and people use them for snow tires.

Use Pacifica wagon 17" wheels. Some of them had steel rims and will fit the van correctly without spacers. The aluminum rims may need a small spacer depending on tire sidewall buldge hitting the strut upright on the wheel's backside. The aluminum rims are wide, so better suited to a summer tire. The steel rims are narrow, so better for snow tires.

I got a set of the steel rims and put them on a friend's 2009 DGC with 215/70R17 Blizzak winter tires without trouble. Standard small brakes, but the Pacifica brakes are nearly identical to the van's dual piston heavy duty brakes (only difference is brake hose banjo bolt size).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.