The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

In my 2009 Chrysler T&C Limited 4.0L, I am having some problems.
For the headlight, it had a lot of condensation, so I got it resealed together for a big price!
That was about 2 weeks ago.
Last week, it started to happen again, but in smaller amounts.
I contacted the dealer, and they said that there is something called a breather hole on the headlight itself, and that it might be blocked by a spider web, hence, there was previously spiders in the headlight.
Does this breather hole exist, and if so, where is it located?

For the transmission on my 4.0L, when I drive on normal roads, the transmission seems to jerk at around 20-25MPH, and it is starting to jerk more and harder.
I have went to the dealer over 4 times before to get this fixed, and all they did was a software update, and it never works.
Now they are saying that because of all the new, advanced computer systems in modern vehicles today, the vehicle works based on how you drive it, therefore, leading to the jerking of the transmission.

I would love any kind of help in finding out these two things, for I need answers quickly!

Thanks.

·
the Mopar guy
1,172 Posts
Make sure they tubes are clean. If clean, but you still get condensation, the seal around the light might have been compromised. With my 4th gen, I did everything I could do keep them condensation free. I would take them out once and month and blow them out with the air compressor, then bring them inside overnight. I couldn't figure out why/where they continued to fog up, so I eventually drilled 2 tiny holes (1'' apart) underneath, and the lowest part of the light. Problem solved......but that is very much a last resort.

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Make sure they tubes are clean. If clean, but you still get condensation, the seal around the light might have been compromised. With my 4th gen, I did everything I could do keep them condensation free. I would take them out once and month and blow them out with the air compressor, then bring them inside overnight. I couldn't figure out why/where they continued to fog up, so I eventually drilled 2 tiny holes (1'' apart) underneath, and the lowest part of the light. Problem solved......but that is very much a last resort.
Yeah, that sounds like it was a problem with the seal around the light. I have had 2 passenger fog lights with this problem on my Caliber actually. The first time I just replaced it, but when the second one went bad too, I took it off, ran some clear silicone around the seal, and it's been bone dry ever since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts