The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Caravan/ Town & Country
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys if you’re replacing your headlights with non-Dodge or eBay headlights make sure you take off the old C screw clamps off the old ones

most of the Chinese brand ones are not including them.

i’m seeing van owners not installing them properly and are wondering why their headlights are so loose..

Loose headlamp dancing and bouncing around will wind up costing you a headlamp and a turn signal and messing up the sockets that hold them in. because your old ones were foggy..

Be careful on the Chinese ones some don’t even have headlamp adjustments and drain hole

Attachments

·
3rd gen > all others
4,580 Posts
The headlight mounting on these vans is subpar, to put it lightly. The plastic the clips slip into always breaks, resulting in headlights bobbing around. I wish they would have stuck to the studs at the rear of the headlight housing to bolt them in, like 3rd gen vans. The headlights almost need to be reinforced with metal and screws right from the get-go. Probably better off not using the clips and just JB Weld some stainless nuts to the housing and use stainless machine screws to mount them to the van.

As for fog, that is caused by the paper filter/breather hose on the rear of the headlight being blocked and a bad seal of the headlight lens. I always reseal new headlight housings with silicone, and they never fog up.

Reactions: godtheater

·
Registered
2005 Caravan/ Town & Country
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for mine, the original screws were not long enough to bite

had to get the same screw, but slightly longer from the hardware store for a perfect fit
like almost good when new them you need to undo them forget - like almost like one way screw then no good

I don’t think my 2002s had this issue

·
Registered
2005 Town & Country 251k miles
328 Posts
Its possible to use a bolt installed upside down then put a washer and nut on top. Takes some fiddling to install but its solid. I have several metric bolt and nut assortment boxes from Amazon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts