The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all, I have a 2007 (3.8) Town & Country with 101,000 miles on.
Today I noticed that the headlights do not turn on. I checked the fuses all seem to be good, disconnected the battery multiple times, and I even bought a new light bulb (even though the ones I have already didn't seem bad) and nothing is working, also I read somewhere that if I turn the lights on and off rapidly that it would fix the problem sometimes, that has not worked either. :blink:

There are no error codes/messages that I am receiving. Tail lights are working, reverse lights are working, just the headlights wont turn on. NOTE: The front turn signal lights work only when I am signaling.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but the EGR Valve was changed just a couple of days ago, I dont think it has anything to do with the lights, but worth mentioning.

Please help me guys, I've been reading threads but I have no found anything similar to my case.

P.s I do not have auto-lights or fog lights. My lights are manual

· Super Moderator
30,425 Posts

· Registered
1,956 Posts
Check the fuses and rotate them. Also the relays in the same box.

· fix it if you can
5,848 Posts
Check the switch, if it sends correct MUX signal to BCM take out the IPM (fuse box) and clean / reseat the box on forward facing end (FCM = front control module).
If that doesn't solve it, take a look at the grounds for headlights.

· 3rd gen > all others
4,698 Posts
My van did the same thing last year. I opened the hood and gave the fuse box/IPM a couple good hits with the palm of my hand, and the lights came on. The wires that plug into the bottom of the fuse box, or the connection between the IPM and fuse box get corroded and lose contact.

I never did properly fix my lights. They've been working for over a year now with no problem (knock on wood). Just needed to give the fuse box a proper jostling now and then I guess. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Carbuff2 and atoman
1 - 8 of 8 Posts