The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings,

One of the other issues with my 2001 GCV is that if I turn the AC on and have the temperature control set to cold (All three zones, I have the rear zone as well) I get heat. (The system is charged and we added some dye to help find leaks and haven't seen any of it come back out.) my Dad used something (some tool, not sure what they were exactly) that clamped the lines that fed the heater core; Instant cold air (Well, it wasn't cold cold, but it also my have still been filtering through the heater core.) So my dad seems to think I have a door problem on the door that closes the heater core off from the rest of the climate control system. I have the manual temperature control on the front controller (May help in troubleshooting)

I guess my question is how hard is it to get in there and figure out what is wrong and if something is jamming a door in the open position, or should I let a dealer tear it apart and fix it?

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
The likelyhood of your electronic temp controller being faulty is much higher than both blend doors sticking at hot at the same time. Im not sure of any tests for them like the 3rd gens have. Hopefully someone will know..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just realized that I forgot to state which climate control unit I have up front, it's the one that has the manual temperature control as well as the dial for the rear fan in the middle

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Is the rear AC working?

I assume the compressor is coming on?

If you want to wait till fall to fix your problem, just plug the lines or create a bypass.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would have to sit in the heat with the rear ac on to see if it is or not. I know we've replaced the expansion valve in the front of the van, but I've not been able to tell if there is one in the back or not (and where it is if there is one.) The AC issue has sort of taken a back seat to drivability issues... Namely charging system and now a set of plug wires due to a rag that landed on the cat con when I wasn't looking... Bad things happen in threes so my exhaust system clogging and blowing my EGR valve to bits (already replaced), my alternator finally dying, and now plug wires, I think I'm good on the bad things happen in threes thing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts