The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, recently new to me is a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica (had 121k eight months ago, now 132k miles) which has a couple of "minor" issues. The most annoying is that the cabin heater fan which will not turn off. This Pacifica has the dual zone ATC system. No matter what setting I select on the panel, it sounds like the fan is on a medium setting and when I select the power button to "off", the fan sounds like it goes to a higher setting, blowing into the footwells only; even though the screen is totally dark (except for the outside temperature). The selector for footwell, panel outlet or windshield defroster selector works as it should when the power button is "On". I have disconnected the battery a couple of times and that's had no effect on this problem. Defroster, recirculate, etc. look like they work when selected.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
i don't know of anything else that controls the blower other than the control unit you interact with on the dashboard, the only other thing would be the resistor, but that wouldn't cause it to stay on

investigate the resistor to ensure nothing is blown, and then replace the control unit

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
the blower motor resistor, no idea where it is on a pacifica, it's usually attached to the blower motor housing behind the glovebox or slightly further, it has to have the blower motor blow air over it to keep it from overheating so it shouldn't be far

·
3rd gen > all others
4,563 Posts
Yeah it's not a resistor. The fan speed is controlled by the speed controller, which just switches power on and off rapidly with transistors (pulse width modulation) to achieve the desired fan speed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, recently new to me is a 2004 Chrysler Pacifica (had 121k eight months ago, now 132k miles) which has a couple of "minor" issues. The most annoying is that the cabin heater fan which will not turn off. This Pacifica has the dual zone ATC system. No matter what setting I select on the panel, it sounds like the fan is on a medium setting and when I select the power button to "off", the fan sounds like it goes to a higher setting, blowing into the footwells only; even though the screen is totally dark (except for the outside temperature). The selector for footwell, panel outlet or windshield defroster selector works as it should when the power button is "On". I have disconnected the battery a couple of times and that's had no effect on this problem. Defroster, recirculate, etc. look like they work when selected.

Thanks
Simular isue with horn stuck on.Parking lights stuck on.See if you can find the relay for that fan and pull it out.I think what happens is a chip shorts ,relay driver ,fan.I am working on an idea to disconnect relay coil at fusr box and usr toggle switches to control function.
That could save us all a lot of money and we won't have to depend on cheap factory switch and a poorly designed electrical system.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Thanks
Hi there fpak,

I hope this helps you. I have a 2011 Town and Country with dual controls for the heating and AC system. Whenever I'd turn off the blower for AC and heater from the control panel via the drivers seat, it would turn off for about 15 seconds, then turn back on. It drove me crazy.

Then, one day I decided to look at the controls that the passengers in the rear of the van have access to control. I found that the knob that controls the heating/AC blower fan was between two settings. The knob was not sitting perfectly on a setting but was between two settings.

This little overlooked scenario was the culprit. I simply moved the knob so it was not "between" settings. As soon as I did that, I was able to control the heating / AC from the driver's seat and my ghost that kept on turning on my blower motor had went away (probably to go and visit you).

I hope this takes care of your problem.

Cindycreator

1 - 13 of 13 Posts