The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 20th anniversary 3.3
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Dani. I own a 2009 GC se that has been converted into a camper. It's been a really fun project thus far. I'm getting to a point where I need some advice with wiring as I start to customize some features. Does anyone know how I can make the window controls permanently "hot" so I can use them without the key in?

I also have lithium batteries that I could connect to this incase of powering issues.

Thanks for your help or any guidance!
Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car Automotive carrying rack

Sky Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Registered
2009 GCV SE
Welcome to the forum! It's basically the same van I have, except I've added just about every available factory option to it.

You should be able to wire the power window switch to be always on, the switch has 2 power wires on the big plug, which are "fused ignition switch output". What that means is they only get power with the key in accessory or in on position.
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Screenshot

That you'd have to do is wire those 2 wires to have a constant 12V, then in theory you will have power windows all the time. I can't find the wiring diagram of the version you have.

I would personally run a wire from the driver power seat, and cut the wires just before the driver master switch and connect that 12V constant wire there, that way should you ever want to go back it's the easiest way. This may cause you a parasitic power draw, but you mentioned you're not worried about power so that may be alright.

Your van also has the express windows feature, where if you hit the unlock button once then press and hold it the second time, both front widows will roll down together as long as you keep the unlock button pressed, stopping once you release the button. This will unfortunately only lower the windows, to raise them back up a key must be in the ignition.

Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 20th anniversary 3.3
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for your reply Michalb!

I'll take that info into account as I think more about the best way to make it work for convenience and esthetics. Working makes my brain knot. 馃ぃ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts