The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reviewed the notes on the error codes, a mechanic first recommended rebuilding the tranny? This is a 2017 Dodge Grand Caravan. I am not impressed when the first go to is the most expensive
fix.

Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. (Other than getting a new mechanic, that is already under way)

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited 4.0
1,041 Posts
How many miles are on the van? Any idea of when the tranny fluid was changed last? Start with changing the tranny fluid and filter by dropping the pan, not a fluid flush. Make sure only ATF+4 fluid is used, no substitutes or additives. Clear the codes and see if they come back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many miles are on the van? Any idea of when the tranny fluid was changed last? Start with changing the tranny fluid and filter by dropping the pan, not a fluid flush. Make sure only ATF+4 fluid is used, no substitutes or additives. Clear the codes and see if they come back.
149,000km and I havnt serviced it since I inherited from my Uncle at 80, 000km...so lets say it has never been serviced. Do you still think I should try changing the fluids at this point?

·
Registered
361 Posts
As a suggestion, use Google and manually search each error code. For example: 62te transmission code p084b Do the same search for each displayed error code.

Read their possible cases and possible corrective actions of each error code. Each have a common corrective action of "change ATF fluid and change ATF filter". And only use OEM Mopar+4 synthetic fluid. And only do a pan drop, natural drain and replace ATF (which should be < 5.5 quarts of oil). Many folks recommend NOT to flush the ATF fluids out. Only pan drop, natural drain/drip and replace.

Start with above...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts