The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was replacing the shocks all the way around my 2011 Chrysler Town & country last night. On the rear passenger side I couldn't get to the nut on the top bolt of the shock. So I decided I would undo all four bolts on the bracket and bring it down that way. Unfortunately, two of the bolts broke on the bracket. Now I have the bracket half hanging there. I'm debating on removing the bracket, trying to drill out the bolts, and replace with new hardware. Or, just welding the plate to the body. It appears the mount is only used for the shock. I'm wondering if somebody can tell me what size the bolts are for the mounting bracket to the body. In case I need to drill these out and replace them. if anybody has any advice I'd greatly appreciate it. But I need help ASAP. I have a birthday party I need to haul kids around in this weekend.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
The listings aren't super clear on this part, but I'm pretty sure this is the bolt.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
How much bolt is there? I'm not overly experienced with getting broken bolts out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not much bolt showing at all because of the plate and how they broke off. It's really too bad. Other than that, things went pretty well. But now I'm stuck with a car I can't drive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The bracket is held on by (4) M10 X 1.50 X 35.00mm long bolts. Mopar PN 06104416AA . If you have access to a welder, You can place a nut over the broken bolt, and puddle weld it to the remains of the bolt. The heat from the welding will help break the rusty threads loose. Then use the welded on nut to unscrew the broken bolt. Note - this trick has only worked for me 50% of the time, but when it does, it is pretty cool.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Time to take it to a mechanic and get the bolts removed. You can drive it slowly with the shocks off .... don't take the freeway.
While I had that bracket off my 2016 I welded the nut to it so the next time I have to change the shocks I don't have to get a wrench on it, I can removed the bolt easy-peasy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts