The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 dgc

Ive had an air hissing sound inside the cabin since like 90k km (185k now) when gas pedal is engaged happens mostly when around 1/4 a tank but can happen anytime its so annoying ive looked everywhere and the mechanic keeps saying they dont hear anything.

Where should I start looking, our radio doesnt work either so I just hear hsssssss until i let off the gas its very annoying.

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
Snakes nest. :)

Fix the radio so you don't hear the hiss.

Everything else working okay?

Was there repair work done just prior to the hiss developing?

Is it audible under the hood?

Nothing to do with your gas tank. That's a red herring.

Start checking out vacuum lines. Nothing else can "hiss" other than the air intake.*

Do you have a cabin air filter? Any odors?

* Actually a hole in a CV joint boot can hiss also. More like a squish though. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Snakes nest. :)

Fix the radio so you don't hear the hiss.

Everything else working okay?

Was there repair work done just prior to the hiss developing?

Is it audible under the hood?

Nothing to do with your gas tank. That's a red herring.

Start checking out vacuum lines. Nothing else can "hiss" other than the air intake.*

Do you have a cabin air filter? Any odors?

* Actually a hole in a CV joint boot can hiss also. More like a squish though. :)
Yeah i always change the filters no odor, where would I find the vacuum lines?, im not to car savvy...its inside the cabin I would say more so the front/passenger area only happens when driving so idk if its under the hood.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
It could be a gunked throttle plate causing the hiss. There are throttle body cleaners that may help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
2014 dgc

Ive had an air hissing sound inside the cabin since like 90k km (185k now) when gas pedal is engaged happens mostly when around 1/4 a tank but can happen anytime its so annoying ive looked everywhere and the mechanic keeps saying they dont hear anything.

Where should I start looking, our radio doesnt work either so I just hear hsssssss until i let off the gas its very annoying.
I had a noise that took me a while to locate. It was caused by a piece of the side trim by the passenger window that had become loose. I would not hear the noise at slow speeds but would hear it when going over 50 but not always because the wind direction from that side made it worse.
If you only hear the hissing when you are moving it might be a similiar problem to what I had. I fixed my problem with some silicon sealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts