The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hood open light won't go off. I pulled out the push in switch, shorted out the two wires on the connector with a jumper - no change. I put a 1000ohm resister across the two wires - no change. Any ideas? Also, of note, I just changed the entire wire hardness in the bumper along with the active shudder unit. There's a 12pin connector inside the front of the drivers side front fender. I replaces that too. But, surely the hood sensor does go through that does it? There were no connectors for it on the bumper wire harness so I don't see how that could be related. Bypassing it is ok with me if there's way. I know when the hood is open. But, if I can't short it and 1000ohm resister across the leads don't work..... wire harness somewhere? Fuse? Any ideas would be appreciated!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome!

Back to basics question....

Can someone manually push / hold the inner hood button in and a different person watches the dash lights, does the dash warning light go off? Reason I ask is my son's previous vehicle did the same thing. re: Its hood open warning would always be on. He simply took 1 sided sticky 3M felt pad and stuck to the button's contract surface area. Its thickness pressed the button deeper - into the compression switch. This worked for his vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome!

Back to basics question....

Can someone manually push / hold the inner hood button in and a different person watches the dash lights, does the dash warning light go off? Reason I ask is my son's previous vehicle did the same thing. re: Its hood open warning would always be on. He simply took 1 sided sticky 3M felt pad and stuck to the button's contract surface area. Its thickness pressed the button deeper - into the compression switch. This worked for his vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts