The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a first time poster - I tried to find the answer on the forum but couldn't really find anything.
I live in Brussels and started driving a newly bought second hand :) Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.8 147 kW 2009 gazoline and added an lpg fuel system.
So when I switch driving to lpg, how is that taken into account? The fuel consumption numbers I see on the display are they accurate for lpg or are those only for gazoline fuel?
I know the "On-Board Data Collection" to calculate the consumption/distance.
I was checking the "Miles per gallon gasoline equivalent" "Compare Side-by-Side" at 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
but there's no possibility to select lpg (gas).
Anybody any idea about what the consumptions should be? I think I have for lpg about
14.3l/100 km in town
10.0l/100 km highway
Thy

·
Registered
378 Posts
The computer uses recent experience. For example, after a long highway trip the mileage and range will be high, but will drop like a rock if you switch to slop and go city driving. I imagine it would be the same if you switch to E85 or something else.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
14,307 Posts
Vehicle uses different sensors to calculate fuel usage. None of those sensors are meant to calculate use of LPG as vehicle fuel.

Unfortunately your vehicle can not accurately calculate MPG if using LPG.

On-board metering systems are pretty accurate. Many claim manual metering is the best way to accurately calculate fuel usage. I never replied to those who swear their numbers are better than vehicle calculation, until now.

In order to manually calculate fuel usage, you need to understand fuel tank capacity varies with temperature, fuel capacity between a cold/hot tank might be up to 2 litter difference, depending on the tank size.

So when you fill up you might be thinking you used up 15 gal. when in fact you used 15.5 or maybe 14.5 gal.

Then you swear your vehicle fuel metering system is inaccurate.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Vehicle uses different sensors to calculate fuel usage. None of those sensors are meant to calculate use of LPG as vehicle fuel.

Unfortunately your vehicle can not accurately calculate MPG if using LPG.

On-board metering systems are pretty accurate. Many claim manual metering is the best way to accurately calculate fuel usage. I never replied to those who swear their numbers are better than vehicle calculation, until now.

In order to manually calculate fuel usage, you need to understand fuel tank capacity varies with temperature, fuel capacity between a cold/hot tank might be up to 2 litter difference, depending on the tank size.

So when you fill up you might be thinking you used up 15 gal. when in fact you used 15.5 or maybe 14.5 gal.

Then you swear your vehicle fuel metering system is inaccurate.
I concur. I was checking mine manually then swore I was getting better fuel mileage or worse depending on tank then I let onboard do its thing. After 6 months I checked my average that I was doing manually and guess what? It matched perfectly. I think it uses about last 100 miles or so but I can't tell except when I go on a trip then it is high at that week then settles back to average. Just an observation on my part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts