The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our 2017 Pacifica, a few of months back the dealer updated the transmission software and did a retraining session on it, as they told it to me. Someone told me you can make the transmission relearn without having to take it to the dealer. If that is true, how do you get the transmission to do that? Mine is starting to be a little less smooth at shifting lately, but nothing near as bad as it was when I brought it to the dealer a few months ago. Thank You

·
Super Moderator
24,109 Posts
The transmission will adapt to certain things like driver style and new transmission fluid over several restarts.

Relearning (Quick Learn) is another issue, done by resetting the transmission to its default values, I believe, using a tool. More on that here: Rebuilt 62te relearn procedure for 2014 grand caravan?

Reactions: GoBananas

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I don't know that I can get used to this worsening hard shifting. It's escalating and unnerving. Could this not be being addressed by Chrysler? Not sure what steps to take next other than the dealership. UGH!

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just got the Pacifica back from the dealership. They claim there was another software update they were able to install. It was noticeably much better right away. Drove over 30 miles and it did not act up even once. When we brought it in, it was acting up every 2-4 miles. This is a very nice thing. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very good update, yet with a very real concern. The transmission, after about 150 miles of driving, it is still doing well since the software update. Not even a single hard or jolting shift. What a huge improvement. My concern is, I'm a little under 50,000 miles and this is the second time in six months I've been through this. The manufacturer warranty as I understand will only cover me until 60,000 miles. So far there has been no charge to me, but that free-of-charge will likely end after the 60,000 miles drive train warranty expires I suspect. Advice, thoughts, or comments? Thank you for reading.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts