The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. New to the forum. Been a Dodge Grand Caravan owner for several years. absolutely luv the vans! Space, comfort and stow-n-go. Recently purchased a 2012 grand rt. To my surprise, no auto window down or auto light. Like to add the auto window down. How simple is it to do? Swap out the entire panel switch. If so which one to look for either online or salvage yard?

·
Registered
564 Posts
you need another door wiring harness, windows motor and switch. A complete door panel from salvage chrysler T&C is the better way. And you mus program this function (auto express)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you need another door wiring harness, windows motor and switch. A complete door panel from salvage chrysler T&C is the better way. And you mus program this function (auto express)
Thanks for your help! When you say program this function, how is that done?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
1,427 Posts
Thanks for your help! When you say program this function, how is that done?
There are tools to edit the body control parameters. There are two main programs people use to do this: AlfaOBD and Appcar DiagFCA. AlfaOBD has the advantage of having a mobile version and allows you to connected to unlimited cars with each version you own, while DiagFCA is PC only and licensed per VIN. So if you only have one supported car, either will run you the same at $50. I personally use AlfaOBD's Android version.

You'll need a good quality Bluetooth OBD reader too. OBDLink MX+ is what I use. It's one of the supported adapters for AlfaOBD and I got it used on eBay for $50.

Using AlfaOBD:
First you have to pair the Bluetooth adapter. This is after that's done and you have it plugged in and key on, not running.
Hit the Dodge button, then select Caravan (RT) from the first box, Body Computer from the second, and there should only be one option on the last. Hit connect on the next screen. Then hit the Hood Up icon. In the grey box at the top, scroll to the bottom and select "Car configuration change". Another grey box will appear at the bottom, once you click it you can either search or scroll to find "Vehicle Config 2: Window Express Feature Configuration". Follow the instructions the program gives you from there.

Reactions: Pgh_AL

·
Super Moderator
6,412 Posts
Hello everyone. New to the forum. Been a Dodge Grand Caravan owner for several years. absolutely luv the vans! Space, comfort and stow-n-go. Recently purchased a 2012 grand rt. To my surprise, no auto window down or auto light. Like to add the auto window down. How simple is it to do? Swap out the entire panel switch. If so which one to look for either online or salvage yard?
How does a 2012 Grand Caravan RT not have an AUTO down drivers window?

Auto lights is likely, but my parents have a 2011 SXT and it has full AUTO up/down front windows

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
1,427 Posts
Most likely a lower trim with badge swap. Another person said they bought a '20 GT from the dealer and found out it was an SXT. Color of the grille bezel was the giveaway. RT, replaced by GT in later models, had body color bezel. Blacktop had black. All others chrome.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts