·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends!
I inherited an 2002 town and country
it has an abs light on and traction control light as well
no other issues.
I see someone has a wire soldered to one of the terminals on the ABS relay in fuse box and it goes to nowhere?
I was wondering if anyone has a trick that this was trying to duplicate to remedy the problem

Van has 280000 miles so not worth putting any $$ into at this point

·
3rd gen > all others
4,419 Posts
Pull the fuses for the ABS motor, and remove the light bulb in the dash for it? :whistle:

Reactions: multimopes

·
Registered
2007 T&C Touring 3.8L 230k+ mi
202 Posts
Seems you're missing the wire harness that goes from the fuse to the ABS module itself? I myself had to get a wire soldered onto it because it was corroded.

You said you didn't wanna put any $$ into it, but most junkyards won't charge ya for a single wire harness if you do have the incentive to fix it, and given the van doesn't have any other issues you may as well go for it

·
Registered
16 Posts
I paid less than $300 for my 06. I'm coming up on 238k. I've probably put a thousand dollars into it over the last year of owning it. Yes, a thousand is a lot to some. Battery-$200 key+programming-$200 (why I got it so cheap) redoing the entire cooling system -$200 misc junk yard runs and other random maintenance items over the year.

If you're handy and don't mind throwing junk yard parts at it, that's all I'm doing to keep mine going. Parts are everywhere. And cheap.

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Caravan SXE
1,135 Posts
Pull the fuses for the ABS motor, and remove the light bulb in the dash for it? :whistle:
Pulling the fuses or relay will just toss codes. Yet, remove the light bulb is the simplest solution and no codes tossed.

Some areas like NYS have dumb vehicle safety inspections. If the vehicles doesn't pass, no new tags and.or plates.

Reactions: Road Ripper
1 - 5 of 5 Posts