The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The power lock solenoid in the driver's side door (regular door, not the sliding one) has started to make a loud buzz in my 1996 Grand Caravan, so I thought I'd replace it.

It's pretty far up in the door, hard to reach. Before I start, is there anything I should know? Any hidden gotcha's? A do-able fix for a shade tree (literally) mechanic?

Thanks. I'll pass on anything I learn.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll answer my own question. You'll need a 10mm wrench and an Allen wrench. Start with the window up. Unhook the two wiring harnesses.

Reach up inside the door and loosen three nuts on the back of the door handle assembly. You can look through a hole in the back of the door (with a flashlight inside) to see the nuts.

Take out the three bolts on the outside, by the latch. Now you can pull the door handle partly out (no need to disconnect the wires that attach to it) and there's enough play to pop off the levers, remembering which color goes to which (inside handle, outside handle, locking button).

Do everything in reverse with a new solenoid.

Took maybe half an hour.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have to do my drivers lock actuator too at some point in time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts