The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Most of these hydrogen wet or dry cells need an efie (electronic fuel injection enhancer) which lies to your computer about the signal your 02 sensor is sending. As well you need a PWM and a MAP enhancer as well. So for a lot of money you might get a couple of miles per gallon. Most of these people on utube are trying to get their 4 cylinder engines to go farther, I had a 77 Gremlin with a 2 liter engine that got 40MPG back in 77 and I wish I had that car today. It didn't have a generator for hydrogen. People get all hyped up about this and then either blow the top of the engine off or ruin their exaust systems with rust from the water, not to mention the valves. It takes a specially equipted engine to use this stuff and a lot find out the hard way. Some people are foolish enough to put their generator in the passenger compartment or the trunk. BANG:jpshakehe Then Ford comes out with gas droplet injection.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Sorry, my mistake in post #20. It does work but just isn't efficient enough for the money and trouble to set it up.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,714 Posts
I've always wondered if lining the roof of the van with solar cells would help offset the electrical demands of the alternator. It could help with hydrogen production, or even just help run the normal electronics and reduce the load on the alternator. One could experiment by making a solar board and fasten it to the roof rack for temporary use. Wouldn't do anything at night anyway. Just an out of the box thought I had.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have been mulling over many possibilities on what would be the best way to supply power to a hydrolysis unit but, for me, the first thing to determine is to find the optimum output with the least electrical input. Dun4now has made same good points with potentially experimenting with hydrolysis. If not done correctly it will have a bad effect, much like playing with gas and not knowing what you’re doing. There are many things to consider. Those whom think adding a mason jar with a couple of stainless steel wires in it will produce big results will most likely be in for a disappointment. On the other hand, finding an alternative way to get your power and/or reduce your power needs will be key in my mind.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts