The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Chrysler Town and Country, Touring
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well, turns out the noise was from another broken/failed rocker arm; This time, from right side (near firewall, hard to reach, pain in the neck).

I opened the valve cover, only to find that the broken rocker arm had already damaged a lobe near the phaser on the intake camshaft.

Bought a new intake camshaft to replace it. Waiting for a special tools ( 0369A Timing Chain Holder) to arrive in the mail.

But, i am kinda stuck.

I cannot see the tensioner to insert the pin ( 10200A3 ) and pull in order to release the tensioner so that I can install the phaser (on to the new intake camshaft) and pull the timing chain on the phaser.

How do I go about it?

Please feel free to ask for more...

·
Super Moderator
22,842 Posts
Don't the wiper trays come out of the 5th Generation, to give more room, like they did for the 4th Generation. 15 - 20 minutes to remove and voila..

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
Don't the wiper trays come out of the 5th Generation, to give more room, like they did for the 4th Generation. 15 - 20 minutes to remove and voila..
No the wiper tray does not come out, only the plastic cowl is removable. With the plastic cowl removed you might gain 1/2" to 3/4", but you are left with a sharp metal edge to scrape your arms on. It's not worth removing in my opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts