The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 T&C Touring with 161K. My ign key falls out of my ign switch. The car keeps running until I re-insert the key to turn it off. Any ideas? I can’t find an independent mechanic that has seen this problem before. Help!!!!!

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
Actually a fairly common problem, though I've never seen it in person. It's an issue with the switch itself.

If you haven't had the recalls 11V139000 or 14V373000, you can take it in for a free repair (whether or not you have the engine shutting off symptom both mention). Might want to make sure the other recalls are handled while it's there.

·
Registered
2010 Chrysler Town & Country Touring
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually a fairly common problem, though I've never seen it in person. It's an issue with the switch itself.

If you haven't had the recalls 11V139000 or 14V373000, you can take it in for a free repair (whether or not you have the engine shutting off symptom both mention). Might want to make sure the other recalls are handled while it's there.

Thank you for the “heads up!”

·
Registered
410 Posts
It is possible to replace the ignition cylinder. Dorman makes a kit that has a replacement cylinder and tumblers for matching your current key.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
That's an option he can bring up to the mechanic if he's already current on his recalls. But it doesn't make sense to spend money when it could be a free fix done by the dealer.

Reactions: ggoose and Mtfix20
1 - 5 of 5 Posts