The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a 95 grand caravan for 200 dollars the body is in fantastic shape except for the peeling clear coat. when i bought it the battery would die and it was stuck in limp mode and the driver's side door wouldn't close right. also, the ac didn't work. i slowly got everything working with the help of a shop manual and a few swear words. the only major problem i have now is bad gas mileage, and warm ac i bought a can of freon and a squeeze trigger that told me i was low so i added a little at a time until it was halfway into the green zone. it has short cycles and still blows out warm. it was 80 degrees out when i did this and the van was idling not sure of the pressures as the only gauge i have is the one on the trigger. i traced the junction for the transmission electrical and it is on the passenger side up behind the jack. i put the TCM out of a 2000 grand caravan and rebuilt the shift solenoid and it works great.i bought the van to tinker with because my new car has a warranty and i can't touch it. besides, it gets me away from family for a bit for some alone time. think of it as a rolling man cave. but now my apartment complex is coming down on people for working on their vehicles and making a mess. but all my major stuff is done. thinking of getting a solar panels nd keeping my battery charged. the only thing left besides the ac is the electric door lock on the drivers side door. i can get the whole latch assembly for 120 dollars. i tried the wrecking yards and they are no better than my old one so i will save up and buy new.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts