The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
I'm looking for some information on the radios in the Third gen vans. Specifically when it comes to speakers.
So this van came with the plain Radio and Cassette deck with the dash mounted speakers and the 6x9s in the back. So my head unit died and am going to replace my head unit but my question is, I remember these cars came with a Infinity system. But my question was, with the standard wiring is it possible to put speakers in the locations where the Infinity speakers could have been, such as in the front doors and I think there are locations on the C Pillar facing toward the front. Can I put speakers there without having to do any modifications to the wiring. Or on any information you would have about the subject would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
3rd Gen Plebeian
298 Posts
Its probably there on the mid-line and high-line vans. If you have a base model van, I'm not sure.

The 5x7 door speakers have amplifiers built into them, as do the stock 6x9's on the Infinity system. The dash and rear tweeters do not contain these built in amplifiers. If you get an aftermarket headunit, I'd recommend replacing all the speakers anyways, tying the door and dash together, as well as the 6x9 and its adjacent tweeter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, for the info. I already replaced the speakers in the dash and the rear 6x9s a long time ago so thats no big deal. So back in regards to the tweeters in the rear do you know what size I need to get to put speakers there? And for both the door 5x7s and the rear tweeters. Do I have to add any amps or change the wiring in order to add them?
Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts