The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't do this often but I am left with no choice here. I have a 1999 plymouth voyager 3.3 l. I spent the last couple of days researching about the instrument cluster not working. I tried just about everything. I even replaced the cluster which has had no affect. I took off the iod fuse and put it back on with no luck. The odometer and gears show up in the bottom for a few seconds after I start but disappear. The speedometer and fuel gauge don't even move. I even tried to re solder the circuit board because I found cracks on the pins which also was unsuccessful. I'm jobless and I can't afford 500$ to fix this problem so I'm looking for a cheaper solution. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
( its the instrument panel that does not have a tachometer.

·
5000 Club
5,758 Posts
- No indication of any power whatsoever? Check for 12vdc power at pin #2 pink wire and pin #11 red/white wire. The first comes straight off the fuse and the second is from the ign switch and switch by the BCM with the ign switch in run. These wires often corrode and break coming out of the PDC (fuse box).
- Disconnect the HVAC control panel and check the connection for heat damage. It has known to melt, distorting the pins and opening the circuit to the cluster.
- Could be a straight forward loss of the CCD data bus. Disconnect modules until the cluster comes alive. The HVAC panel is one.

Any loss of any other electrical function anywhere on the van? Do your emergency flashers work? Will the indicators move on self test?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same problem i disconnected the battery for a couple mins reconnected it n everything started working again, its happened twice since ive owned it. Hopefully that works. Good luck.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have been fighting with mine recently, too. I found a problem with the ignition switch! The lock cylinder is slightly worn, and depending on whose keys we have in it (my wife has fewer keys) it would either work or not work, intermittently. My keys were heavy enough that one of the connections would break, where hers did not cause the problem!

I also thought that I might have had a clockspring problem, because the driver's side turn signals stopped working, with no sign of a problem in the module. However, the same switched 12 volt line feeds the module (the clockspring routes the signal to the module after the ign sotch), and the new lock cylinder fixed that as well...

·
Registered
408 Posts
HVAC Connector fault

The pictures below are what you may find when you look at the HVAC connector.
Sometimes they are badly burned or corroded and will often affect data transfer on the CCD bus to the PCM.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
HVAC Connector fault

The pictures below are what you may find when you look at the HVAC connector.
Sometimes they are badly burned or corroded and will often affect data transfer on the CCD bus to the PCM. I reposted to increase the picture resolution.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts