The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Intermittant wiper issue.

898 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  cb250rs 
#1 ·
I searched for windshield wipers, and couldn't find anything in the results. So I'm hoping for help, even another search term to use would be fine.

The windshield wipers sometimes do not work in my van. Nothing happens when I twist the control arm by the steering wheel.

Can anyone help by identifying the part that needs to be replaced? Or give me a hint what the likely culprit may be.
Or what diagnostic tests I should perform. My skill level with electrics is basic.

Thanks

2005 Grand caravan 200K km's

#2 · (Edited)
The switch, the wiper motor, the front control module FCM, the body control module (BCM), two relays, the fuse box (IPM) and the fuse are all in the mix. A few easy things to try? Remove and reinstall 30amp fuse #4 a few times in case the contacts are corroded. Swap the wiper on/off relay in the fuse box with another identical relay on the panel. Wiggle the switch sightly up and down in and out to induce or "fix" the problem. A little more difficult? Inspect connections at the FCM (bolted to fuse box), BCM (bolted to firewall left of brake pedal), connections on bottom of the IPM. Jump power to the wiper motor under the wiper cowl.

If I had to pick a part I'd go with the multifunction switch assembly or the wiper motor. Odds are evenly split between them but there's certainly no guarantee.

Reactions: cb250rs
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.