The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. everyone
I have a 2014 Town and country 3.6 limited edition which is installed with 2nd row-Luxury bucket seat is very huge and heavy ^^.

I want to change this bucket seat to Stow N Go seat in order to enjoy car-camping.

Someone knows the youtube address about this? someone who experiences this challenge?

Thank you for your helping

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
136 Posts
I might be able to help. I am not too familiar with the bucket seats but these vehicles are mass produced and typically parts fit without much issues. You might have to cut the carpet though. In the stow and go seats there is a storage area for the seats, the space for them should be there, and if it's not it should be some plastic cap or flooring meant to cover that space. What I would try is remove the plastic flooring piece which holds down the carpet, it's held in by clips. With that piece off, lift the carper and see what you find under.

-I found a link to another discussion on this site about swapping the bench seat for stow and go, hope this helps, for sure the guy there mentioned "RoutanSEL" he knows people who have done the conversion, if he's still active.

·
Registered
510 Posts
For Stow&Go functionality you will have to make the floor pans for the seats to retract into. Pretty sure vans without Stow&Go just had straight flooring there. I know for certain AWD vans didn't have the floor pans you need.

Is it possible? Yes. Is it feasible if you have to swap floor pans? No.

·
Super Moderator
1,926 Posts
For Stow&Go functionality you will have to make the floor pans for the seats to retract into. Pretty sure vans without Stow&Go just had straight flooring there...
All the 5th generation passenger vans have the storage bins in the floor.

I know for certain AWD vans didn't have the floor pans you need.
And I'm quite sure there were no AWD 5th generation vans manufactured.

·
3rd gen > all others
2,620 Posts
Yup, I have the last year the AWD was available - 2004. Good luck with your conversion!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can confirm that the 2nd row-Luxury bucket seat can be replaced with the Stow-and-go seats in the 5 generation vans. I have a 2012 T&C Limited and it came with the big second row bucket seats but I needed stow and go seats.

You will need to buy stow-and-go seats and a the floor doors. Be sure you get the stow-and-go brackets when you buy the seats. Ebay is a good place to find the seats since there are a lot of van conversion companies out there that will sell them after they convert a van to be wheelchair accessible. You want to make sure the seats match your existing interior too. No need to cut carpet or modify anything. Just remove the floor door, seats, and mounting brackets, then install the stow-and-go brackets, seats, and floor door. You can switch the seats back if you so desire. It took me a couple hours when I did but I think I could do it in about an hour now that I know where everything is and how to do it. It was pretty easy conversion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi.. everyone
I have a 2014 Town and country 3.6 limited edition which is installed with 2nd row-Luxury bucket seat is very huge and heavy ^^.

I want to change this bucket seat to Stow N Go seat in order to enjoy car-camping.

Someone knows the youtube address about this? someone who experiences this challenge?

Thank you for your helping
Hi , where do you live?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts