The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vanners,

I'm new to this forum. I just now regiestered and boy was it easy. Very nice.

My question is about remote keyless entry. I've searched the posts here and it sounds like RKE is standard on the 2000 Town & Country. Is that correct? I bought my van used and it does not have any key fobs. but the locks are electric. Is it correct that all i have to do is purchase the correct fobs and I'll have RKE? If so, does anyone know what fob i need?

thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello there and welcome to the minivan forum :)

This looks simple enough, as there is only 1 option for the fob on the 2000 models. I would have to say that this is a standard feature since there were no quesions asked and no VIN needed.

Here is the compatible part number #4686481AF and through the Dealer would run $38.45 not including tax and programming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow thanks for your prompt & detailed response chickie. This really is a good forum.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thats great info Alvin, thanks for the heads up bud.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
No keyholes in sliding doors means factory RKE.
Ive never seen ANY vehicle that has keyholes in rear doors. You telling me that for example a 96 base model Caravan has keyholes in the sliding door(s)?
I think not!

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Sliding door handles with keyholes do exist. Perhaps they weren't used on base models, too (up to you to find out). But for Town & Country, LX was the lowest trim level available.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Sliding door handles with keyholes do exist. Perhaps they weren't used on base models, too (up to you to find out). But for Town & Country, LX was the lowest trim level available.
:blink:I have the key hole on my slider and its the base model.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Oh, now you've "Dun" it. So does that mean that if you have manual windows, you also have manual locks? Thus, keyhole side doors and no RKE entry.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Oh, now you've "Dun" it. So does that mean that if you have manual windows, you also have manual locks? Thus, keyhole side doors and no RKE entry.
Sorry I thought the base model was a regular caravan in place of a GV. I have Power windows Power locks Cruise and AC, and yup the key hole in all the doors. As well I have the Viper alarm installed by Future Shop, but no keyless entry. That was probably an option with the alarm but I didn't want it.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I'm shocked

1 - 12 of 12 Posts