The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're supposed to both be 3rd generation replacement headlights, but they look different to me - the top one with a much larger orange/blinker section.

Are they identical?

·
20 year old enthusiast
10,108 Posts
Don't judge by the photos...They're never accurate.

As long as it's a 3rd gen, it will most certainly work unless it's a 1998-2000 T&C

·
Registered
322 Posts
I bought some new ones on line about a year ago...
wish I would have done more research as the replacement
lights dont light the road well at all...headlights have
always been so so on the 3rd gen mini vans...and have
heard there are better replacements out there...
nice to have new lights...but would be
better to have lights that shine brighter...for me
it was an after thought...but would be worth the time to see
what else is available on the market....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting to hear. I agree. My headlights were glazed over with whatever causes that. The new ones look fantastic, bright and clear, but the light isn't spectacularly better as you might expect. It's a slight improvement for relatively little money, so I guess it's a wash. I really wanted more road light, especially distance.

I bought some new ones on line about a year ago...
wish I would have done more research as the replacement
lights dont light the road well at all...headlights have
always been so so on the 3rd gen mini vans...and have
heard there are better replacements out there...
nice to have new lights...but would be
better to have lights that shine brighter...for me
it was an after thought...but would be worth the time to see
what else is available on the market....

·
Registered
104 Posts
headlights.for 1996 T&C

Hi,

Based on comments here and some other headlight threads, I decided to get some new headlight units for my 96 T&C to correct the nasty "fogging" of the originals.
Someone had mentioned some pretty good prices were to had thru the web, I shopped the web and I got some from a web supplier for about $75 or so fir both sides,, and they worked great.
Not too difficult to install and the light seem much better. Money well spent.
I still have to check the alignment of them but I assume the web will tell me how to do that .

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need new headlights on a 2000 GC (yep, foggy and lousy visibility esp. at night in rain). Really love the look of the halo projector lights and there area quite a few on Ebay. But I need something that will give increased distance visibility and plan to install Sylvania SilverStar bulbs or similar. I saw a video on Youtube about similar halo/proj. lights on a Malibu and the fit was poor and not as good as OEM. Can anyone recommend a headlight for 3rd gen. GC that would improve on OEM lights without going into HID (illegal in my area)? Anyone try those Halo/Projector lights on Ebay?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts