The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Says it's an SXT but has two tone leather, chrome interior door handles and "aluminum" trim on the window switch panels and console. I don't think those are common SXT features, plus there seems to be some kind of badge on the fenders. It also seems to be an unusual color - "silver steel metallic"? Doesn't seem like a color I see these in.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
It's a Signature Edition. Our 07 T&C was Chrysler's version (Walter P Chrysler Edition) and had similar extra goodness.

Reactions: fan-of-vans

·
3rd gen > all others
2,890 Posts
SPECIAL Edition. They had the two-tone seats and extra accessories. The aluminum center console/window switch trim I haven't seen before. Could be part of the package introduced in later years, or could be an aftermarket kit add-on. I know there were aftermarket wood trim decal kits available.

I just got a Special Edition emblem from a red SXT in the junkyard last Sunday, and it also had those two tone seats.

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Caravan SX
736 Posts
The inside scoop is, the 4th gen was being phased out. To use up T&C supplies and to make a Special Edition, the SXT Special was born. A common occurrence in the industry when moving from one generation of vehicle to the next. Some times, the last year is a stripped down model, in this case it's an upgrade. That's a bonus.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
12,436 Posts
Says it's an SXT but has two tone leather, chrome interior door handles and "aluminum" trim on the window switch panels and console. I don't think those are common SXT features, plus there seems to be some kind of badge on the fenders. It also seems to be an unusual color - "silver steel metallic"? Doesn't seem like a color I see these in.
Sorry, it is an Special Edition:

BUILD SHEET

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Ah right, Special, not Signature. Signature was Chrysler's. I had one, you'd think I'd remember.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
$4000 225k miles. Broken missing center a/c vent.

Schweet....

·
fix it if you can
5,138 Posts
🤣 "wholesale special" 14 y/o van with 225,154 miles, ripped driver's seat and signs of RH front damage for only 4 grand?
bonus: aftermarket hitch that was used to put additional wear on transmission...
Nice southern van, it's not:
"Zone 42-Detroit"
"Michigan Sold to State Code"

·
3rd gen > all others
2,890 Posts
Extra parts were not used to make the Special Edition just because they were "phasing out the model". Those extra parts would be used in other cars that use the same parts, like radios and the DVD player. The special two-tone seats were only used for the Special Edition, so why would they have custom seat covers made just to "use up parts"? Makes no sense at all. Plus, there were Special Edition 5th gen models too, and they weren't looking to use up parts that early in a production run.

If you look up wikipedia on these vans, you will learn about the several different packages. There were Special Editions which were put together for sales, the Signature Series Chryslers to offer a premium package of options, and a 2004 Anniversary Edition to commemorate 20 years of the minivan.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SPECIAL Edition. They had the two-tone seats and extra accessories. The aluminum center console/window switch trim I haven't seen before. Could be part of the package introduced in later years, or could be an aftermarket kit add-on. I know there were aftermarket wood trim decal kits available.

I just got a Special Edition emblem from a red SXT in the junkyard last Sunday, and it also had those two tone seats.
Thank you. I'm thinking the silver steel metallic color must have been unique to this as well. I looked in the 2007 brochure and it wasn't shown among the 6 colors in there. Although there's no mention of the Special Edition in there either.

·
fix it if you can
5,138 Posts
silver steel metallic color must have been unique to this
Not unique but fairly rare, so you can pretty much forget of ever finding any junk yard body parts that'll match.

"PA4" was used by the company on different vehicles over the years, mostly as a "sales gimmick" - to attract that extra sale at the end of the month to meet (or get closer) to their quotas... (and it's pita to touch up, won't match unless you fill with primer and spray with paint and clear coat)

This guy has one...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts