The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Grand Caravan RT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening, I have a 2015 Grand Caravan RT 3.6 engine with 181k kms on it, never any electrical issues until now. Driving a few weeks ago, DTC set code P0111
Intake Air Temperature Circuit Range/Performance Problem. I reset with scantool and all is good for another couple weeks and sets again. I checked the IAT resistance and was good, varied with heat applied. Code cleared with scantool. Fast forward to yesterday, DTC sets again, code P0112 Intake Air Temperature Circuit Low Input now. Code would not reset at first with scantool (Autel MS906BT) but did eventually reset. I went to live data and the IAT temp was pretty high, 109C (228F) and IAT volts were 0.54V.

Changed the IAT on spec, no change. Voltage reading at the connector was 4.05Vdc

I've searched online for information regarding this circuit but no diagrams and nothing really close to these symptoms. Has anyone here had this issue or any ideas before I start taking things apart and checking connectors for corrosion etc? I'm about to go on a long trip in a week, would this issue do any damage if not resolved? What are the normal temperature and voltage readings for this sensor

Thanks
Font Communication Device Gadget Display device Screenshot

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know what the correct voltage reading is between pin 1 and 2 for the connector on the Intake Air Temp sensor? PCM is outputting a voltage, but I don't know if it is correct and can't find the expected reading anywhere. Voltage is 4.05v between pin 1 and 2 on mine. Both connectors on the PCM look great, even with a magnifying glass, no corrosion whatsoever.

If no luck, looks like the dealer for me :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Update and repair of this issue:

The problem was indeed the Powertrain Control Module. I subscribed to AllDataDIY, poured through the wiring diagrams and verified the wires were fine, I then took it to my dealer and had their tech verify the wiring integrity of that system just to make sure I didn't miss anything. He thought he had the snag repaired by reseating 2 pins but as I told him, they were not loose, just a different type of pin. Regardless, my scantool verified it was not repaired so the only thing left in the system was the PCM. It was replaced today and the issue is indeed gone. First pic is Intake Air Temp and Volts with the old PCM, second pic is same points after new PCM installed.

This was a bit of a weird snag but electronics do fail at times. This issue did cause weird drivability issues, transmission would not shift properly, engine ran like crap and gas mileage went way down so I basically drove it to and from the dealer until it was finally repaired. My dealer was really good to work with regarding this issue.

Font Rectangle Electric blue Circle Technology

Gadget Font Multimedia Electric blue Display device

1 - 9 of 9 Posts